NSV - completing something I have never done

Options
PandaCustard
PandaCustard Posts: 204 Member
My entire life, I have never been able to run a mile. If I had to go that far, I'd walk it. Even as a thinner teenager, I couldn't run a mile and would have to stop to walk many times throughout.

Yesterday, I ran two miles without stopping. I'm not a fast runner, but I ran that and didn't give up. It's not a big deal to most people, but to run double of a goal I thought I'd never do just kind of blows me away.

Thanks, C25k!!

Replies

• MrsKoolaid15
    MrsKoolaid15 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yay! Congrats.
  • CopyCat97
    CopyCat97 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Way to go. I hate running, but eventually i will get there. Right now, I don't have the motivation to go running, I will do other cardio exercises, but running is in the bottom of my list.
  • soo_z
    soo_z Posts: 42
    Options
    I just had the same NSV!!! Doesn't it feel amazing? I know what you mean about not running incredibly fast... I finally found a good pace that worked for me as well.

Congrats!!!!
  • flyingcarbaccio
    flyingcarbaccio Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Running a mile is a big deal to me. I'm embarrased to say how long I have been trying to get to one mile but haven't been able to yet. Congrats!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I think it's big deal too :-) Good job!
  • HeatherDee92
    HeatherDee92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thats a huge deal! Tonight I am going to run my first 2 miles without stopping! I can't wait!
  • PandaCustard
    PandaCustard Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I hope I can get up to 3.1 for a 5k happening in October! Never dreamed that I would be training for a 5k... :noway:
  • livigabihuni
    Options
    congrats! I am currently doing a C25K program and this gives me encouragement to keep going. I am currently stuck on week 4... I am repeating it till I can do it better. I also have never ran a full mile without having to stop.
  • AmyKayN
    AmyKayN Posts: 3
    Options
    What an awesome accomplishment! Congrats and good luck on your 5K!! :)
  • decdav
    decdav Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!!! I did my first 2 miles of continuous running last weekend. I’m not fast either, around 15:00 minute miles, but just doing it. Good luck on your 5K!
  • kwbernardo
    kwbernardo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    First -- congratulations! I remember (because it wasn't that long ago) what it feels like when you reach that goal for the first time.

Second -- what does NSV mean??
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I remember feeling that way with each running benchmark. I giggled the first time I ran 5 miles without stopping! You are WELL on your way to knocking out that 5K in October. Be careful. . . running can be kinda addicting. I'm hooked. Ramping up for my 2nd half marathon this year on 9/29. A year ago, I could barely finish 2 miles!!! Enjoy the accomplishment and enjoy the run!
  • Racaronga
    Racaronga Posts: 32
    Options
    Great work! What a success! I can't run that far...... yet!
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I know the feeling since it was only a few months ago I did the same thing. Last week was the first time I hit 5 miles in a row. Its hard for me to even comprehend that I can run 5 miles without stopping. After the first time I did 1 mile, 2 miles, and 3 miles, there was some Jersey Shore fist pumping going on. Thankfully my neighbors werent outside. lol

http://moteevate.com/planstore.php?pid=1371

This has helped me a bit. Its stuff I never really thought of before.
  • freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Second -- what does NSV mean??

Non Scale Victory
  • kwbernardo
    kwbernardo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks.
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!