Low fat & Low carb, but 1200, what to eat?!

Options
2»

Replies

• secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I have yet to see someone follow the paleo diet who doesn't look and feel amazing. I eat at least 50g a day..

I think the person you're responding to was just making the correction that paleo isn't a low-fat diet, as the OP originally asked for
  • winetoweights
    winetoweights Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have yet to see someone follow the paleo diet who doesn't look and feel amazing. I eat at least 50g a day..

I think the person you're responding to was just making the correction that paleo isn't a low-fat diet, as the OP originally asked for

Thanks, lobster..
    I think the poster was trying to say paleo is a better option :) While I don't strictly follow it, I think it's great and that these "low-fat" diets are not the most healthy. There is so much garbage in foods marketed as "low fat".

I am not a nutritionist AT ALL, but have learned that you can believe everything you read!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I think the poster was trying to say paleo is a better option :) While I don't strictly follow it, I think it's great and that these "low-fat" diets are not the most healthy. There is so much garbage in foods marketed as "low fat".

I am not a nutritionist AT ALL, but have learned that you can believe everything you read!

I was strict paleo for a while (6 months?) myself and it really is a difficult lifestyle to maintain... For me at least... But I will not deny that the results were incredible. Like you, I can't do it very strictly, but it definitely changed the way I eat long-term. If the OP is looking to make low-carb a lifestyle, it's a really good option. Eat mostly animals and plants - It makes nutrition very manageable.