Options
Are you from a different country?
Why do you prefer kg over lbs?
What countries use kg instead of lbs?

Replies

• RedVelvetCurls
    RedVelvetCurls Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I prefer kg personally. I'm from Scotland, and I guess lbs would be easier to see... I have considered changing.
  • AncyNancy561
    Options
    wow scotland! Is that what they usually use over there in scotland
  • RedVelvetCurls
    RedVelvetCurls Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Nah we use lbs, I just got used to kg because I was always telling my other half about my journey. He's German and uses kg. XD
  • laus_8882
    laus_8882 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm from Australia. It would be weird not to work in metric. I find it irritating that I can't set to lose a kg a week and have to opt for two pounds instead; it's not the same darn it! Can't imagine working in pounds, I'd feel enormous.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    KGs are good for me sometimes. I can disguise what I really weigh from myself and just concentrate on the diet. To be honest sometimes weight in stones can make me feel bad :-)
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    The metric system is used pretty much everywhere aside from the US.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I'm from Australia. It would be weird not to work in metric. I find it irritating that I can't set to lose a kg a week and have to opt for two pounds instead; it's not the same darn it! Can't imagine working in pounds, I'd feel enormous.
    True, but the progress sounds more impressive in pounds.
  • richx83
    richx83 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    i used to use lbs but i had a scale with a dial and got fed up of trying to decide what the needle was pointing at so switched to kg as it was easier to read when i didn't have my glasses on :laugh:

In England we use lbs but we break it up into stones and lbs (14 pounds = 1 stone)
  • obeserat
    obeserat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I've changed back to lb to track weight , I'm from the U.K. but I lived for 20 years in South Africa where they use KG, A lot of European countries use metric
  • ReneeElizabeth26
    Options
    Whats it mean when some one weighs in stones??
  • paulvt65
    paulvt65 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Most of the known world is metric. The only time Americans have a clue about the metric system is when they are discussing hand-guns and assault rifles! :wink:
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Why do you not like gravity and the decimal system?

I think it's only four countries that haven't gone metric.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    w8rk0m.jpg
  • IronSmasher
    Options
    14lbs = 1st
  • El_getting_fit
    Options
    I used to use Kg because my friend that I workout with is from Europe (I'm in England) and she understood Kg better. But I switched to pounds on here because that seems to be what most people use.... and your progress does look better lol.
  • MissNordicLight
    MissNordicLight Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    All countries in Europe uses the metric system except for UK, I'm a Swede living in France so I use kg.

I think Australia also uses metric, Asia and Africa I don't know!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I use KG for the weights I lift at the gym.

I use lbs for my bodyweight because I'm so used to it now, and most people on MFP use lbs. Before MFP I used stones and pounds, as do most people in the UK (where I'm from)
  • IronSmasher
    Options
    I'm in the UK. We use the metric system to the point where itnis illegal to sell items using imperial units.

We do stick to miles though
  • sensualmess
    sensualmess Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I use both.. I'm from Poland and we use kg!!! I prefer to use them, as everytime I use it different I need to use the internet to change kg to lbs :P
  • Trutra
    Trutra Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I am from South Africa and we have been using kgs for at least 35 years now! As far as I am aware all the Southern African countries use kgs.