Why are you wanting to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I want to lose weight so I no longer resemble a blob :)

Same here :drinker:

That's the easy, honest answer! :bigsmile:
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    The AMA is recommending no more than two drinks per day for men for optimum health. 1.5 oz of vodka is one drink, so according to your food log, you're consuming 4 times the recommended amount. Don't be so judgmental of other people's choices and worry about your own.
  • pglola09
    pglola09 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Are these mutually exclusive ? Losing weight for a lot of people means being healthier. I doubt many people abusing "fast food, etc." are losing weight. Obesity, even slight, has significant health consequences.
  • katnat12
    katnat12 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    interesting post from someone who's screen name is stonerdude. LOL!!! okay so i stopped reading somewhere around my body being able to make bread (breading ground). LMAO!

seriously though i want to be healthy, fit into smaller sized clothes, look hot in a 2 piece, run a half marathon, not have my outer thighs touch the arm rests of an airplane seat, not feel the need to turn sideways going through a turnstile and the list goes on and on and on.

i try not to eat fast food, frozen food obviously i don't mean chicken or turkey i just took out of the freezer, my brown rice comes in a package so i guess i do eat packaged food and yes i eat canned food - i am not going to spend 24 hours soaking beans when i can buy them in a can, rinse them and put them in whatever i'm cooking.

so there you have it. stonerdude

for the hell of it i reviewed your diary - ummm.... 12 oz of sky vodka every single day. what benefit does that have for your body?????

yes i am being very *****y - found out my dog has a tumor so i am *****y!
    It seems that the vast majority of people are here just to lose weight. Hence the overwhelming attitude of calories in vrs

calories out. I have read a lot of diaries and i see a lot of canned, packaged, boxed, and frozen food. Not to mention fast food

which is nutritionally dead. The S. A. D. (Standard American Diet) produces around 150lbs of sugar and 150lbs of sodium

and that is not even the worst of it. This diet also produces a omega 6 to omega 3 unbalance near 40 to 1 It should be 5 to 1

This makes your body a breading ground for autoimmune and inflammatory diseases as well as cancer and cardiovascular

disease. It is also loaded with trans fat, preservatives, additives (chemicals) and food dyes. And WT& is the deal with soda?

So why are you here? To fit in clothes, look hot, or be healthy?

Let's not even mention that in addition to drinking sky vodka daily, there is also the whole going OVER calories by like 500 almost daily.....
  • stonerdude
    stonerdude Posts: 103
    Options
    The AMA is recommending no more than two drinks per day for men for optimum health. 1.5 oz of vodka is one drink, so according to your food log, you're consuming 4 times the recommended amount. Don't be so judgmental of other people's choices and worry about your own.

First I am not being judgmental at all, just stating factual data! As far as the AMA? They endorse the use of drugs which are toxic to humans. Why would anyone in their right mind care what they say?
  • katnat12
    katnat12 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Do you send private messages to everyone who questions your original post? Just wondering...
  • stonerdude
    Options
    Just the one's that form opinions without all the information! "I come in peace"
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    Just an FYI, frozen vegetables and fruit are frozen at the peak of ripeness. There is nothing wrong with frozen fruit and vegetables.

this
  • journalistjen
    journalistjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm here to be healthy and have more physical capabilities to do activities such as running and racing enduro/motocross.
  • VeganMotoGirl
    VeganMotoGirl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yes, most people want to lose weight to look more attractive. The benifit of ending up healthier is an after though for most people. I am no saint either. I know my reasons are more heavily weighed by vanity than any other reason and I do not see that as a bad thing. If vanity gets people to a healthy weight, so be it.

But I do agree that there is far too much fast food and processed/prepackaged food in peoples diaries to be considered healthy. It is quite sad. I can only hope that when people see that they are not getting the results they are wanting that they do the research that will get them back on track.
  • fromfattytohealthy
    fromfattytohealthy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I want to lose weight to be healthier. I eat (or will eat, restarting my healthy habits ::laugh::) a balanced diet, get physical activity in everyday, and let the weight take care of itself.
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options

First I am not being judgmental at all, just stating factual data! As far as the AMA? They endorse the use of drugs which are toxic to humans. Why would anyone in their right mind care what they say?

I think there are enough studies on the effects of excess drinking that we don't need 1 source to say it's probably not a good idea to drink that much every day...lol
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    What I think is it is crazy is that the people who post stuff like they are a know-it-all gets all these comments and the topics posted by people who truly need help never get answered! Just ignore these know-it-all jerks and use the site for what it was made for support and encouragement not to cut people down!
  • fromfattytohealthy
    fromfattytohealthy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yes, most people want to lose weight to look more attractive. The benifit of ending up healthier is an after though for most people. I am no saint either. I know my reasons are more heavily weighed by vanity than any other reason and I do not see that as a bad thing. If vanity gets people to a healthy weight, so be it.

But I do agree that there is far too much fast food and processed/prepackaged food in peoples diaries to be considered healthy. It is quite sad. I can only hope that when people see that they are not getting the results they are wanting that they do the research that will get them back on track.

I had a friend on here who had Dunkin Donuts every single day, another fast food place 3 times a week, yet her calories were almost always under 1100 a day.
  • jenaPv
    jenaPv Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm just over the range fo normal BMI for my weight/age, but found out my triglycerides had doubled! Doctor gave me The Ultimatum - since I can't take Lipitor - so have to get the fat and calories out of my diet. What do you suggest I do, stop eating, I asked? A few pounds overweight, BMI 25.9, what's the big deal. She suggested myfitnesspal app even though I've tried some of the other apps before and couldn't stick to it.

At least this one has most of the food I eat already entered in the database. Two other things I'm doing is switching to 0% diary instead of low fat and putting vegetables at the center of the plate. Trying a new vegetable dish a day made at home with yummy spices and care. Wish me luck.
  • MistysMom18
    Options
    To keep my blood glucose levels at normal levels (they weren't 20lbs ago).

Looking better in clothes is an added bonus!
  • stonerdude
    Options

I think there are enough studies on the effects of excess drinking that we don't need 1 source to say it's probably not a good idea to drink that much every day...lol

Abram Hofer cured alcoholism 60 years ago! Check it out: http://doctoryourself.com/alcohol_protocol.html
  • Hairista
    Hairista Posts: 86
    Options
    For me.
    To be healthy and fit.
    Happy and Sexy!

But, mostly for me. :D
  • ephemerata
    ephemerata Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    hahaha. you take 12 shots of vodka a day. **** off with your bull****.
  • stonerdude
    Options
    hahaha. you take 12 shots of vodka a day. **** off with your bull****.

Look at the food silly! Vodka is good for me, stop imposing your morality. Why isn't your diary public?