G'day.......

Options
Hi all, my name is Craig and i have been with fitness pal for about 2 months now, i have currently lost approx 8kg, but i have a question..... i love eating snickers and i have been averaging about 1 a day, i also eat steak pie (small) most days as it is the best source of nutrients i can get wit wher i am located with my work at the momet (dominican Republic)....i exercise for about 1 hour every day including spinning and walking, but now i an stuck on my weight of 112kg.... i have been there for a little while... is it because i am eating snickers???? even though i am exercising regularly????:smile:

any thoughts would be great... good to be here and look forward to speaking with you all.....

Replies

• bambigenes
    Options
    Hey there, Craig!
    My guess would be that if you've had the same diet for a long time, you need to switch something up. So maybe have half a Snickers bar every day? Or even one every other day. I love Snickers, myself. I can't have them at all on my diet, but I've had some fun looking for placebo's for my sweet tooth. : )
    Best of luck!
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I think it's because your not eating enough. You need to eat your calorie level and then try eating half of your exercise calories back and see how that works for. Eating more can help jump start your metabolism. Your body needs fuel so to speak. So give it a week of eating your assigned calorie amount and then eat half of what your burning in exercise, also watch your sodium it can make you retain water. Eating the snickers isn't keeping you from losing weight :}
  • katicasi82
    katicasi82 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You know just this week gone (July 19th) was the anniversary of the name change...marathon to snickers!!! I don't know but maybe have a snack size one instead!
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I doubt the snickers are making that much of a difference. It also depends on what else you're eating. Are you eating fresh food or processed stuff? Because fresh food is always better and that will make a difference. Do you drink a lot of water and if you don't you should. I would also try adding some strength training into your exercise. All you're really doing is cardio and while that will help to make you fitter you won't necessarily lose weight. If there's a gym you can go to maybe ask them for some advice. Hope this helps :-)
  • ksun10
    ksun10 Posts: 76
    Options
    Your body will get used to your routine and diet if you dont switch it up, leading to a weight plateau.