I keep making excuses but...

Options
....this time I'm ready for a change! I lost a significant amount of weight about 3 years ago but have gained almost all of it back :( I'm about to start my junior year of college and I would like to lose what I had lost before and then some! I don't mind exercising but my problem is always binging. I'm welcome to anyone who wants to add me and I'm great with giving motivation or if anyone has questions! :)

Replies

• heathermoritz4
    Options
    Good job for making the decision to re-start!! I just started yesterday and am looking forward to it. I, too, have lost weight and re-gained.... then lost... then had kids and kept 60lbs... lost about 40 and recently gained about 15 back :/

I am looking forward to changing. If I don't change my behavior, I will only keep gaining. Time to take charge (again!)!!
  • angelajrivera
    angelajrivera Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    yay for restarting! I'm usually good during the day until night time....thats when my cravings are the worst :(
  • flyingpurplemonkey
    flyingpurplemonkey Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am also in college, currently taking summer classes. And I also have issues with binging. I can do really good with exercising and eating, for the most part, but then for some reason start to binge, and it goes downhill from there.

Anyway, I'm going to add you. Feel free to let me know if there's any specific ways that I can encourage, give you motivation, etc.
  • angelajrivera
    Options
    Thank you! Yeah I'm so guilty of binging at the end of the day. Being in college it's especially hard to fit in time to be healthy, but I'm going to make it a priority!
  • peterses
    peterses Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm going to be a junior in college too! I always get sucked into eating with my skinny college friends who can eat whatever they want and not gain a pound... I know going back to school in a month is going to be really difficult. Add me if you want!
  • amonroe1343
    amonroe1343 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Yeah college is a hard time to lose weight I feel like. Though it doesn't get any easier when you get older since you have a whole other mess of responsibilities. If you want to add me I can help you out with some support and friendship. I just joined recently and I'm looking to lose a good amount of weight. I can be a binger too if I don't satisfy cravings sometimes. It's hard to be mindful of when you're over indulging.
  • themichaelf
    Options
    congrats ladies on restarting... looking forward to seeing your progress... add me if you need motivation :)
  • Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Single mom & Full time college student here.... You can do it!!!!!!!!! =)
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I love junk food and snacks, so what helps me is to eat my main meal at noon and then in the evening I usually eat a lot of different snacks like yogurt, popcorn etc. On the weekends I eat ice cream candy and whatever but I just stay within my calorie level unless I have earned myself a cheat day and what I mean by that is if I lose more weight which I am not trying to do as I have reached my goal weight and am currently trying to find my maintenance level. I am taking slow steps by increasing my calories by 100 more a day and staying that way for 2 weeks and every time I go up I tend to lose more weight so then I get a cheat day lol. Anyhow if you ate your main meal at noon and munch on your favorites at night within your calories you might do better.
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I'm in university in england just going into my final year which is going to be brutal! So I'm trying to get as much of a headstart over the summer as I can. I was like you, yo yo-ing all over the place but have now made a determined effort to change my lifestyle. It will be so difficult when I go back in October so I will definitely need help and motivation. I enjoying having other people around who know exactly how hard it is and don't give any judgement if you have a few bad days. This site has saved my life. Feel free to add me! :smile:
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    if you like to eat at night save yourself some calories for night or do an extra work out to where u'll still have a deficient(just my unprofessional advice-works for me, might not work for you)
    I'm fairly new here too, I'm going to college, but I'm an untraditional student(I'm a homemaker/mom, not living the college life) Feel free to add me too, I'm always looking for motivational, encouraging people to add to my list :)
  • angelajrivera
    Options
    Thank you for everyone's personal stories! Glad to know that I'm not the only one that admits to being a binger but definitely wants to change. I'm here if anyone needs it!!