Why are you wanting to lose weight?

Options

Replies

• graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Because I feel most comfortable when I am fairly lean.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    The AMA is recommending no more than two drinks per day for men for optimum health. 1.5 oz of vodka is one drink, so according to your food log, you're consuming 4 times the recommended amount. Don't be so judgmental of other people's choices and worry about your own.

First I am not being judgmental at all, just stating factual data! As far as the AMA? They endorse the use of drugs which are toxic to humans. Why would anyone in their right mind care what they say?

Sorry, didn't understand that.
  • stonerdude
    stonerdude Posts: 103
    Options
    Just an FYI, frozen vegetables and fruit are frozen at the peak of ripeness. There is nothing wrong with frozen fruit and vegetables.

this

Grown in the same fields for 100 years=no minerals, sprayed with pesticides and herbicides, picked early then gassed with ethylene to ripen and kill critters...then frozen!
  • JayByrd107
    JayByrd107 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    hahaha. you take 12 shots of vodka a day. **** off with your bull****.

Look at the food silly! Vodka is good for me, stop imposing your morality. Why isn't your diary public?

So you're just selective in the toxins that you ingest? Alcohol IS a toxin- no debate there. This is not a matter of morality, but fact. Acceptable dosage may allow for a difference of opinion, but you can't slam an organization for endorsing toxins and then slam down a different toxin yourself. Well, you can, but I will call out your double standard.
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    to the OP:

i am a bit confused as to your real intentions and purpose for starting this thread.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    OP what can you sell me to help?
  • paint_it_black
    paint_it_black Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    It seems that the vast majority of people are here just to lose weight. Hence the overwhelming attitude of calories in vrs

calories out. I have read a lot of diaries and i see a lot of canned, packaged, boxed, and frozen food. Not to mention fast food

which is nutritionally dead. The S. A. D. (Standard American Diet) produces around 150lbs of sugar and 150lbs of sodium

and that is not even the worst of it. This diet also produces a omega 6 to omega 3 unbalance near 40 to 1 It should be 5 to 1

This makes your body a breading ground for autoimmune and inflammatory diseases as well as cancer and cardiovascular

disease. It is also loaded with trans fat, preservatives, additives (chemicals) and food dyes. And WT& is the deal with soda?

So why are you here? To fit in clothes, look hot, or be healthy?

Sorry i find your copy pasta unappetising.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Woah, that's a lot of vodka every single day.

I can already imagine some guy wasted at the bar preaching health "facts" to anybody who will listen.. :laugh:
  • stonerdude
    stonerdude Posts: 103
    Options
    to the OP:

i am a bit confused as to your real intentions and purpose for starting this thread.

I am in the health business? I didn't make it up, just look! Food matters
  • katnat12
    katnat12 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHA! Awesome!
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    How are your THC levels? They must be low - you're way too wound up to call yourself a stoner. Hit that bong and relax man.
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Woah, that's a lot of vodka every single day.

I can already imagine some guy wasted at the bar preaching health "facts" to anybody who will listen.. :laugh:

^This.
  • sobriquet84
    Options
    to the OP:

I am in the health business? I didn't make it up, just look! Food matters

yeah, i can tell. you sound like you're trying to sell something.

i, on the otherhand, am in the healthCARE business. as in, i help manage hospitals all across the country. i wasn't arguing with you that food matters. but you asked people why they were wanting to lose weight, but then went off on a rant totally unrelated to your initial question.

you sound like you work for amway or something. did you copy and paste your initial post from your handbook?
  • sobriquet84
    Options
    Just an FYI, frozen vegetables and fruit are frozen at the peak of ripeness. There is nothing wrong with frozen fruit and vegetables.

this

Grown in the same fields for 100 years=no minerals, sprayed with pesticides and herbicides, picked early then gassed with ethylene to ripen and kill critters...then frozen!

you OBVIOUSLY have absolutely no CLUE about farming.

psssst. its called crop rotation. and everything else... wow, you're a bit misinformed.
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I want to be healthier, look sexy and be able to take my kids swimming once in awhile! My husband is always the one to take my daughter swimming because I haven't worn a bathing suit in years (i'm talking pre-teen).
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    It seems that the vast majority of people are here just to lose weight. Hence the overwhelming attitude of calories in vrs

calories out. I have read a lot of diaries and i see a lot of canned, packaged, boxed, and frozen food. Not to mention fast food

which is nutritionally dead. The S. A. D. (Standard American Diet) produces around 150lbs of sugar and 150lbs of sodium

and that is not even the worst of it. This diet also produces a omega 6 to omega 3 unbalance near 40 to 1 It should be 5 to 1

This makes your body a breading ground for autoimmune and inflammatory diseases as well as cancer and cardiovascular

disease. It is also loaded with trans fat, preservatives, additives (chemicals) and food dyes. And WT& is the deal with soda?

So why are you here? To fit in clothes, look hot, or be healthy?

I had to go read your profile. Sounds like you love vitamins and supplements. Which, in my opinion, are not healthy (for me)... as multi-vitamins are linked to higher rates of cancer in women.

Our opinions of healthy all vary wildly. My opinion is different than yours. It's not fair to judge others ideals.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Yes, most people want to lose weight to look more attractive. The benifit of ending up healthier is an after though for most people. I am no saint either. I know my reasons are more heavily weighed by vanity than any other reason and I do not see that as a bad thing. If vanity gets people to a healthy weight, so be it.

But I do agree that there is far too much fast food and processed/prepackaged food in peoples diaries to be considered healthy. It is quite sad. I can only hope that when people see that they are not getting the results they are wanting that they do the research that will get them back on track.

Some of the most ripped people I know on here eat fast food/processed food/etc in MODERATION. I personally eat fast food once a week. I'm getting results. The difference is I work hard to get the results, not worry about what I'm eating extensively and not work out.
  • carriempls
    carriempls Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I want to lose weight for long-term health benefits and to look better. I'm sick of looking at my flabby tummy.

Once upon a time I ate horribly, drank to excess regularly, smoked cigarettes and rarely exercised. And my body showed it. I was obese.

Over a period of a few years I slowly changed my habits. I went vegetarian, quit smoking, stopped eating fast food, reduced eating processed food, took up running and yoga and bicycling and so on. I lost 50 pounds and plateaued. So I concentrated on just maintaining the loss I had. And I did. And picked up even more better eating habits along the way.

For the last few years I've eaten quite healthfully, learned to consume alcohol in moderation (a glass or 2 of wine now and again) and exercised regularly. All of my biometric #s are good and my doctor doesn't even recommend losing weight.

Still, I'm overweight. Long term it will impact my joints and bones, if not the other things normally associated with excess weight (which is really more about diet and exercise).

But truthfully, these days it's mostly vanity that's motivating me. I've got good health habits down, now I want to look better.
  • cmpollard01
    cmpollard01 Posts: 246
    Options
    I have a family history of heart disease, high blood pressure, and diabetes...and I have my sister a kidney almost 2 years ago. When I discovered in March that my weight had crept back up to 239, I knew it was time for me to change my ways and stop putting myself at the bad end of a health gun waiting to go off.

I'm also an extremely picky eater-you'll never see a salad getting eaten by this chick! I'm southern, so I'm a meat and potatoes gal. I've learned that I can still eat certain things, if it fits within my food plan for the day. Since the end of March, I've taken off 33 pounds-all by exercising and watching how much junk I put into my body.

Yes, I want to be attractive for my boyfriend. But we met/started dating when I was at my biggest, so he loves me for who I am, not a magic number on a scale or clothing label. Honestly, I want to be healthy. I want to fit into clothes that don't cost twice as much because they come from the big girls' store. I want to look in the mirror and be proud of the changes I've made, not avoid looking in it. And you know what, it might not be reason enough for anyone else, but it's enough for me!
  • ElviraCross
    ElviraCross Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I wish people like you would stop starting threads like this.