how long after starting did u notice a weight loss?

Options
how long after starting did you notice a weight loss even if just a pound.. i started thursday its been 6days and i weighed my self this morn and barely seems to have moved the amount of calories ive cut down on i thought i would of had something?

Replies

• wedge421
    wedge421 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your body. I know for me it take between 20-30lbs before I start to notice a different. But my understanding is that for women it may take more or less depending on your body type. Physiology is a cold mistress!
  • kanittaj
    kanittaj Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I bet the weight will start coming off. Some times it take longer but keep at it!
  • frostyswife
    frostyswife Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    never dieted in my life so i got no idea but just assumed the amount of crap ive cut out i wanted something to make feel this is worthwhile?!
  • MotivatedMom2012
    Options
    Don't think of this as dieting. It's about creating a new healthy lifestyle which includes learning how to eat the right amount of calories for your body, drinking 8 cups of water per day and being active. You don't need to cut out any foods at all ~ you just need to moderate them.

I like to track sugar, because too much sugar will cause you to store fat easier, making it harder to lose weight and also increases your risk of developing diabetes and many other diseases. Even depression, anxiety, alzheimer's (sp?) have been linked to eating too much sugar.

Be sure to track iron for at least a week on your food diary - getting the right amount of iron means more energy. If you feel tired often then getting your iron checked is a good idea.

Congrats on the decision to start living a healthier life!!
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I don't diet: I run more. But the answer is "immediately".
  • jessiiistarrr
    Options
    I started on monday and i already lost 3 pounds. It all depends on your body and how fast you can lose the weight.
  • frostyswife
    Options
    thanks for the tips :smile:
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I lost 6 pounds the month before I started- I had a huge tumor removed... since then... NADA, not a pound (only been here a week and am limited in my activitiy and am not really 'dieting', just making sure I get good nutrition I need- and not too much that I don't need)

SO- not only is everyon'e body different, but our goals area also different. I just hope to lose 9 pounds- as a byproduct of being more fit.
  • AllDIVA
    AllDIVA Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Not long. take a look at what you are eating and when. The time of day does matter. So people may not agree with me but... eat carbs earlier in the day and not in the evening. just veggies and protein at nigh or very few carbs at night. Try it and see... Good Luck
  • frostyswife
    Options
    i wanted to lose round 2stone so think its going to take a while!! x