apple pie protein shake

Options
2»

Replies

• Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy I'm definitely going to try this!
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gradrun
    gradrun Posts: 69
    Options
    sounds great! I will try it post-workout tomorrow that is lifting day.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    *like*
    you can bring down the carb count by subbing unsweetened almond or coconut milk, as well as unsweetened/natural applesauce, and plain Greek yogurt (the last will up your protein as well)
    1 cup milk
    (I use skim)
    1/2 cup applesauce
    (I use great value cinnamon, but I guess you could use plain)
    1/2 cup plain yogurt
    (again, great value)
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    (I use body fortress)
    6-10 ice cubes
    dash or two of cinnamon, to taste
    add a pinch of nutmeg, if you'd like.

386 cals
    54 carbs
    2 fat
    40 protein

ETA: I ran out of yogurt and twice used no sugar added frozen vanilla yogurt by blue bunny. that stuff is 90 cals per half cup, so it would bump the numbers, obviously, depending on how much you use. but I actually really liked it .. makes it more milk-shakey and filling.
  • nopudgepoot
    nopudgepoot Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Bump. Thanks!
  • ralena
    ralena Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm always looking for a way to make protein shakes palatable.
  • PrfctGdess
    PrfctGdess Posts: 257
    Options
    My husband loves shakes and he loves apple pie....thinking some variation of this is a must-try :)
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    My husband loves shakes and he loves apple pie....thinking some variation of this is a must-try :)

take out the yogurt and throw in a half cup of vanilla ice cream. tastes awesome.
  • coppertop_4
    coppertop_4 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I just made one of these tonight! I had been doing pumpkin pie but needed to use the rest of my homemade applesauce!

1 cup almond milk
    1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (made in the crock pot with lemon and cinnamon)
    pumpkin pie spice
    1 tbsp ground flax
    1/4 cup unflavored protein powder
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    1 tbps sugar free vanilla pudding powder

220 calories

you could add half a frozen banana (50 calories) to make it like a milkshake!
  • OtekahSunshield
    OtekahSunshield Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Tagging for later!

Got any other nommy sounding recipies? :D
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    lethcoe, I just play. usually with fruits. today I just threw in 2 TBS lite chocolate syrup and a banana. it was fairly awesome.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Okay, I used five ice cubes, 1/2 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt, one scoop Show Me the Whey vanilla protein powder (from Sprouts), 1/2 cup Santa Cruz organic cinnamon apple sauce and a dash of Apple pie spice. Soooooo yummy!!
  • Lmezz11
    Lmezz11 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    sounds awesome!
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    Okay, I used five ice cubes, 1/2 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt, one scoop Show Me the Whey vanilla protein powder (from Sprouts), 1/2 cup Santa Cruz organic cinnamon apple sauce and a dash of Apple pie spice. Soooooo yummy!!

glad it worked out!
  • leo02098
    leo02098 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Sounds so good! Going to have to try it out sometime!
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious, I'm gonna try this out tomorrow
  • run17
    run17 Posts: 27
    Options
    I did try this! It was great! Two things- I always use greek yogurt. I buy the Shop Rite brand. Either vanilla or plain. It is cheaper and has a lot of protein. The other thing- I added a scoop of flax meal. It was really good. It gave it a little apple pie texture and some fiber! Not a fan of nutmeg but love cinnamon! Thanks again! If you you have anymore concoctions let me know! I am hooked on the Green Goddess Protein shake, but I need a change! Thanks again!
  • LizbithB
    LizbithB Posts: 15
    Options
    bump
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I finally tried this after my run this morning. I used plain greek yogurt and went with the nutmeg. No ice cubes.

Delicious! It tasted exactly like apple pie, and reminder me of the soaked-through inner crust that I love so much.

Thanks!