Chocolate shocker!

So.... I have recently increased my calories per advice of everyone on here, "eat more - lose more" & so I went from 1300 calories per day to 1800. I am REALLY really having trouble finding things to eat to get up my cals.

I am also on day 5 of drinking only water ( 7 days straight ) because I hate hate hate water & I needed to force myself into it. With that being said, drinking so much water through out the day has caused me to feel full, round, and like a water balloon.

So tonight I decided I needed to add in "dessert" into my diary. I was really craving some chocolate, but buying such healthy foods all the time none, have none in the house. I scrambled thru my cabinets to find this.......

And decided to toast up an english muffin - can you guess what I topped it with to fix my sweet tooth????

10qb7s2.jpg

Betty Crocker's Chocolate Whipped Frosting:
100 calories per 2 tbsp
4.5 Grams of Fat
60 mg Sodium
80 mg Potassium
14 g Carbs
1 g Protein

Nutella:
200 calories per 2 tbsp
1.1 Grams of Fat
15 mg Sodium
22 g Carbs
3 g Protein

This to me was shocking! I automatically thought the frosting would be higher in calories. I went for the frosting because for one, I am counting calories and thought that was a better choice. For 2, I am already too high in protein tonight so did not need that much more, and for 3 - its less carbs so that seemed better off for me.

I know some other people would also look at sodium and I have cystic fibrosis so I am supposed to have a high sodium intake anyways (so I dont need to worry about that) and grams of was higher in the frosting. But over all I feel like its healthier.

Needless to say my "dessert" for the night was delicious and I only used 1 tbsp of frosting anyways :)

WHAT DO YOU LOVE TO EAT WHEN YOU NEED THAT CHOCOLATE FIXING????

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Gave my wife one once.....

ONCE.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Chocolate, or chocolate ice cream, lol.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,238 Member

ONCE.

so sorry for your loss.
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member

ONCE.

Lol... What'd she think? ;D
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    I eat Dove Dark Chocolate Promises for a chocolate fix. about 45 calories each, and I don't tend to binge on them - just eat 1 or 2 per day, so I keep a bag in the house. (If it was M&Ms, the whole bag would be gone in one night!)

If I was choosing between your two options, I would probably read the ingredients list. I don't have them to compare, but I bet there are fewer chemicals and preservatives in Nutella. I tend to opt for the food with an ingredients list I can pronounce. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE chocolate frosting, and will certainly eat it again sometime in the future, but trying to eat "real" food is a focus of mine lately. I once made a carrot cake from scratch because, after reading the ingredients on the boxed mix I had bought, found that there weren't any freaking carrots in it!!!!
  • REALBIGBATBASTARD
    REALBIGBATBASTARD Posts: 103 Member
    Is this when you remove the shocker to fast?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    But frosting is full of partially hydrogenated (trans) fat- I would pick the extra calories in the palm oil nutella over that anyday.

I have a square or two of Lindt dark chocolate pretty much every day.
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Wow! That's a cool find!

Of course, there's less frosting per serving than there is of nutella. They both say 2T is a serving, but 2 T of the frosting weighs 24 grams, and 2T of nutella weighs 37 grams. That means there's 35% less frosting per serving. 37 grams of the frosting would clock in at 154 calories. Which is still a big improvement over the nutella, but definitely something to take note of.

Sorry for being weird and anal....:ohwell:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    I've never thought of Nutella as anything but a dessert. I am surprised that people think it's a health food.
  • mjfratt
    mjfratt Posts: 2 Member
    4 Hershey's kisses
  • FelicityEliza36
    FelicityEliza36 Posts: 252 Member
    Well - my english muffin with chocolate frosting on top was delicious and just what I needed. I havent had anything like that in months :) WOOHOO!

And actually, I forgot to check INGREDIENTS lol good idea haha
  • bacamacho
    bacamacho Posts: 306 Member
    I always have chocolate chips in the fridge for pancakes and muffins so I'll have a handful of those.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Wow! That's a cool find!

Of course, there's less frosting per serving than there is of nutella. They both say 2T is a serving, but 2 T of the frosting weighs 24 grams, and 2T of nutella weighs 37 grams. That means there's 35% less frosting per serving. 37 grams of the frosting would clock in at 154 calories. Which is still a big improvement over the nutella, but definitely something to take note of.

Sorry for being weird and anal....:ohwell:

LMAO @ "anal".....on THIS thread....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    I only replied to this thread so the title would show up in my topics.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    3b5e4541_shocker_tshirt1.jpg
  • NorseMaiden
    NorseMaiden Posts: 95 Member
    Every night I have one Blue Bunny-Cadbury double chocolate ice cream bar. It's snack sized but so rich you don't notice and at 150 calories it's a win!
  • Prahasaurus
    Prahasaurus Posts: 1,381 Member
    So.... I have recently increased my calories per advice of everyone on here, "eat more - lose more" & so I went from 1300 calories per day to 1800. I am REALLY really having trouble finding things to eat to get up my cals.

Wow. How are you going to lose weight by forcing yourself to eat when you're not hungry? Or are you now burning 500+ additional calories per day with increased exercise?

I, too, am trying to eat more calories now, but that's because I want to stop losing weight. It's not easy for me to get 2500 calories per day with healthy food...

--P
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Sliced bananas and strawberries with Hersey's special dark chocolate syrup topped with walnut pieces.
  • faylenechung
    faylenechung Posts: 107 Member
    I love Chocolate. Chocolate lovers feel free to friend me. Maybe we can help each other. I would have ate the whole jar. Thats why I stay away from the frosting.
  • omgiacobbi
    omgiacobbi Posts: 88 Member
    Ohh, this thread.