Late night sweet tooth is killing me!!!!

Options
HELP!!!! I need ideas for low calorie, non-dairy (I'm allergic) sweetly satisfying snacks!!! After supper time every day is killing me!!

Replies

• lilliebobilly
    Options
    Freeze some single serve containers of applesauce! They're really hard to eat, so they'll take you a while, but they're really sweet, and they're pretty low in calories too. (:
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I go for some cottage cheese with pineapple, pears and apricots.
  • marinweb
    marinweb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat, so i fill it with dried fruit. Raisins, dried mango, dates, etc. Just make sure to stick to portions.
  • AllDIVA
    AllDIVA Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Special K Strawberry fruit crisps. 100 cal 20 carbs

Or eat sweets earlier in the day. it will give you time to burn some of them off.
  • NikkiJ1015
    Options
    I go for some cottage cheese with pineapple, pears and apricots.

I can't have cottage cheese, dairy allergy. :-(
  • stephdg89
    stephdg89 Posts: 37
    Options
    I eat a special k bar like chocolately pretzel or the fruit crisps- I love the blueberry and it's super sweet and only 100 cal. I also like to have a popsicle, the sour patch ones- only 40 cal. I also like the fiber one 90 cal brownies and nature valley chocolate granola thins. YUM! I think it's time for me to have a popsicle!
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Cut up an apple. Put a little bit of sugar and some cinnamon on it. Microwave it for about 1 minute or so - until it softens. Serve it on a graham cracker. Delicious low cal apple pie!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Fruit!

I agree with the pp idea as well -- a baked apple with some cinnamon and a little brown sugar if you need it is a great snack! So are bananas sauteed with a little cinnamon/nutmeg (I just use a spritz of olive oil or Pam to cook them).
  • clrrrr
    clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    frozen grapes or bananas!
    or a piece of fruit and ONE piece of very dark chocolate (you can get dairy-free chocolate; for example, they make vegan chocolate). have a little nibble of chocolate, suck on it while it melts, have a slice of the fruit. savor. repeat. mmmmmm.
  • dianaconqueso
    Options
    I usually eat Swedish Fish, just like five pieces at a time.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Check out my diary
  • verbalriot
    verbalriot Posts: 90
    Options
    If you have a food processor, freeze a banana and then throw it in the processor. It's like soft serve ice cream and very sweet.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Can you eat soy dairy, like soy yogurt?
  • NikkiJ1015
    Options
    Can you eat soy dairy, like soy yogurt?

I try to stay away from soy only because of the adverse effect it can have on your estrogen production.