Hi from NH

Options
Hi Everyone,

I'm 35 years old and decided to go back to school a few years ago and am currently studying Environmental Conservation at the University of New Hampshire, with one more year to go. I served five years in the Army and always struggled with my weight. I found staying within the Army's weight standards to be the hardest part of my service. I somewhat miss the military and have been thinking about joining the Reserves or Guard as an Officer, but would need to drop some weight before I was able to sign up.

I've been on MFP for a few years now (off and on) and I find that when I stick with it, it really works. In addition to (possibly) going back in the military, I've always had a dream of running a marathon. I've run a few 5k and 10k races, but I don't think I can finish a marathon without first losing more weight.

I don't have any friends yet on MFP, but would like some so please add me.

Replies

• Keegansmum6
    Keegansmum6 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I live in CT now but am from MA,and have family in NH =), Add me if you wish
  • MMMendoza007
    MMMendoza007 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Welcome you are, and with goals we wish you the best of luck! (I was trying to do Yoda speak. LOL!)
  • keithnh44
    keithnh44 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Nice job on the Yoda quote!
  • fortydaysrain
    fortydaysrain Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I am from Londonderry! Feel free to add me :)
  • dry61ed
    dry61ed Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you. Add me as a friend.
  • Kationia02703
    Options
    Hi! I have family in NH and some even in the army. I would love to be at the point where I could even consider running a 5 or 10k. I envy that you have run them in the past. Good luck with your goals.