30 Day Shred or BeFitin90?

Options
thebzax
thebzax Posts: 55 Member
I'm looking into doing either one of these programmes alongside the Couch to 5k program. I'm really, really unfit at the moment, 251lbs at 5'2" and often struggle with exercise so that's why I'm so keen to go hard with my exercise! Need to get fit so I can be healthy :)

Anyway, which of these two do you think would be better for me to start with?

Replies

• jdier
    jdier Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I know that 30 Day Shred does not allow for rest days for your muscles (unless you do it every other day). Make sure that you alternate days.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    At 5'4", 135 lbs, with my previous exercise being walking, Tae Bo, and biking... 30 Day Shred killed my calves. I had pain when I walked. It has a lot of jumping and I couldn't get past Level 1.
  • fairc3jam
    fairc3jam Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I would recommend couch to 5k or check out slim in 6. 30 DS is tough for a novice.
  • thebzax
    Options
    thanks for all the advice guys :)
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I sent you a pm. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I would do couch to 5k for a little while before trying 30ds. I had to get in a little bit better shape before starting it because it was too difficult for me.
  • thebzax
    Options
    I would do couch to 5k for a little while before trying 30ds. I had to get in a little bit better shape before starting it because it was too difficult for me.

thanks for the advice - you're right, i've just watched through all of 30DS and even level 1 looks too tough for me right now - not sure my body would cope with that much jumping! i'm going to give couch to 5k a go later today :)
  • Lizajane42
    Lizajane42 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Based on the advice of others, if you are wanting to get in some toning in addition to the cardio that C25K will give you, you may consider looking for a slower paced ab routine than the 30 day shred- that way you can combine toning/strength from the beginning without killing yourself.
  • thebzax
    Options
    Based on the advice of others, if you are wanting to get in some toning in addition to the cardio that C25K will give you, you may consider looking for a slower paced ab routine than the 30 day shred- that way you can combine toning/strength from the beginning without killing yourself.

brilliant - thanks! now, does anyone know of any slow-paced toning routines i could have a look at? :laugh:
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    If you already have the shred DVD, I would start it. The cardio sections on Level 1 are tough if you're bigger (like me!!!), but commit to doing at least the strength and ab sections every second day and see how you go. You might be able to modify the cardio sections as well (just do arms when she does jumping jacks, and march on the spot instead of butt kicks). I never got past Level 1, but that's more because I moved house and need to find the DVD in all my boxes.....
  • unknownndoll
    unknownndoll Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am doing befitin90 for a bit of change without buying another one of these "systems". I have and did the 30 day shred, it is also on their channel for free. I actually found a bunch of good stuff on there for free.
  • jecsj112
    Options
    I am doing befitin90 for a bit of change without buying another one of these "systems". I have and did the 30 day shred, it is also on their channel for free. I actually found a bunch of good stuff on there for free.

I tried to find the 30 day shred online for free and befit only has no more trouble zones videos...is there somewhere else you found them for free