How Much Do You Actually Lose Per Week

Options
If you actually are diligent about staying within your calorie limits, how much do you actually lose per week?

I have MFP set at losing 0.6 per week, and so far I've lost 0.6 exactly and 2.2 the next week. I'm pretty strict about staying under my goal, but I'm usually within 50 calories of eating my allotment.

Replies

• mrsheu
    mrsheu Posts: 30
    Options
    After the intially water weight loss, I have been losing about 1 lb a week.
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    So far from what I see and based on my own experience, the first few pounds always come off in light speed, then slower, slower...eventually it becomes turtle speed or simply just stalled. :(
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    One it's been pretty slow I been on it for 60 days and I have lost 9 lbs but hey at least I am losing pounds!
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I average about 2 lbs per week..but I have an incredibly busy job, loading pallets, working freight, that kind of thing. I avg about 13k steps per day on my pedometer AND I work out :)
  • lbaileyjohannsen
    lbaileyjohannsen Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have been losing about two pounds a week on average (I am at 22 lbs just under two months). We don't own a car and we live in the city, so we walk/bike everywhere. I also view my calorie goal as an upper limit (I know lots of people would like to slap me on the wrist for that) and try to stay well under, and not eating exercise calories back.
  • AnicaMadderra
    AnicaMadderra Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have only been at the diet thing for ten days. I was eating really, really bad and did not exercise. Now, with counting calories, eating in a reasonable manner, and exercising, in the first ten days, I have lost twelve pounds. I know it will not stay that way, but such a big initial loss, makes me feel good and want to stick with it.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I lost nothing the first week and 3 pounds the second. I now average 1.7 pounds a week.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I started with 16 pounds to lose and lost about a pound a week. Then when I was about halfway there I switched over to 1/2 pound per week. My progress was remarkably close to what it was intended to be. That's what it averaged, anyway. It wasn't like steadily losing 1 pound each week; maybe 1/2 a pound this week and 2 pounds the next week.
  • JESSJESJ
    JESSJESJ Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    only been doing it religiously for about a month, but I average about a pound a week, five lbs so far. wish it were more, but was too hungry(&crabby) eating less so if this works, I'm down with it.
  • giftieetcetera
    giftieetcetera Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    This is actually really encouraging. My all time highest weight was right at 200 pounds, so I'm pretty happy at 194 after just about 6 weeks work, but it does seem really slow. I just wanted to make sure that people are actually losing!
  • golightlyphilosophy
    Options
    It's been slow for me. So far around half a pound a week. I work out every day and I eat back my exercise calories. I try to net 1200 every day, but Saturdays I tend to go over. I have only lost 5lbs since I started a month ago, but I've lost 5 inches, which is more important to me. Still want to lose 15 more lbs, and I know it's not going to come off any faster than the first 5.
  • iloso
    iloso Posts: 156
    Options
    1- 1.5lbs/week
  • cmurray234
    cmurray234 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Same. Usually a pound or a pound and a half. Every once in a while I'll step on and see a bigger loss seemingly out of nowhere...and sometimes no loss at all.
  • poki04
    poki04 Posts: 5
    Options
    I started this adventure 9 weeks ago! (Dr's orders) I've been pretty diligiant with my calorie count everyday but one (while we were on vacation!) and I've lost just about 18 pounds. So that's 2 lbs per week. Yes, it was faster at the beginning, and seems slower now, but I'm still seeing loss every day! That is reassuring! I spend between 30 minutes - hour walking at about 3.5 mph in the neighborhood which is showing lots of shape changes!! Usually two times a day sometimes 3, depending on the temps outside. (It was 100 degrees this afternoon!) I finish up with a couple walks up my exterior steps from the ground to the second floor (and that is getting much easier!!!) I'm hoping for a 50 lb loss, so I am well on my way!!!
  • GuinGirl
    GuinGirl Posts: 3
    Options
    In the beginning it was melting off faster, now I've plateaued a couple times and while my goal has been a pound a week, it's slowed down to a pound every 2 weeks now...
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    about a pound a week lol
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Mine averages out to about 1.3 pounds a week over the last 23 weeks. I'm under my calorie limits most of the time, but not ALL the time - I have the occasional days where I let loose a little.
  • cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I've been on the program just about 7.5 weeks. According to the scale this morning, I'm down 13 lbs (I only update my tracker once per week.) The first week I think I lost 3, which I'm sure included water weight, so my rate is a little over 1lb per week.

At first I set MFP for a 1lb/wk loss, with a sedentary lifestyle, but I'm not sure I'm really sedentary - some days my job is 8 hours at a desk, but some days I'm playing basketball or hiking with the kids I work with. After 10 lbs, MFP reduced my target by about 60cals per week, and my brain rebelled against it, feeling like it was a punishment. So I manually adjusted my cals to 1500 per week.

I've been following my plan pretty closely, but with more exercise than I had planned at first. I've been eating most of my exercise calories back. I usually end my days about 100cals below my target.
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I started off losing 2 pounds a week, then stalled for a month, and now since I've upped my cals I've started to lose again, and now I'm losing 2-3 pounds a week, which I think will dip down to a more modest loss of 1 pound in a few weeks or so.