Black Women No Longer "Weighting" To Lose Weight!

Options
1235»

Replies

• mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I've pointed this out as an issue to people in the past. It hasn't been one for me for years because my hair is natural, and when it was relaxed it was wash and wear.
  • PrettyKeli
    PrettyKeli Posts: 29
    Options
    Hello to all of my fitness ladies, add me as a friend and let's stay in touch and help each other ^_^ to the op: It is sad that the hair excuse is true but it is understandable. I'm coming up with many alternatives for women who want to be fit and also look beautiful. ^_^

I've been natural now over 2 years. As far as exercising I either wear it in a bun or braided. I also wear lace wigs, or regular wigs to the gym... guess it all depends on my mood and what will hold up after a bunch of sweat lol. ^_^
  • naturalbrowndiva
    naturalbrowndiva Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me. We can all take this journey together.
  • cklowery36
    cklowery36 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Hi all! It is exciting to read about sistas serious about fitness! Even in Chicago I don't meet a lot of us who openly place this as a priority, so this is great! If you could use another buddy and for any Chi-town people please add me, I'd live to read about you!
  • Dayna5K
    Dayna5K Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I love it! Thanks for posting. Sistas supporting Sistas!

Feel free to add me :smile:
  • cklowery36
    cklowery36 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    About the hair, I don't trip because of the locs. A few years ago, I had the short do that had to be done every week. I was taking a class in karate for a while and loved it so much, that do would just get a scarf around it and I'd sweat myself happy! The rewards of the class were so much more than the hair. I realized that we have to find something that means more than image and I did! It was an exciting time.
  • Tanig32
    Tanig32 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thank you for starting this topic it is a wonderful feeling when we all can come together and motivate one another in our journey to leading healthier lives, i have never had so much love and support from my sisters like i have on mfp and i am here to motivate others as well and be a support system.

Feel free to add me
  • aablacknell
    aablacknell Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Love this post....We have got to begin to put ourselves first (even before our HAIR:love:)
  • mzfiyaa
    mzfiyaa Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I love this site....it motivates me to stay on track
  • niseybabe
    niseybabe Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies...awesome post. Feel free to add me, im on here everyday. We can take this journey together :happy: