help for fast food lunch

Options
well, I didn't have time to pack my lunch today- and I of course have several errands to run during it, so if anyone knows of a healthier option (please don't say salad, I'll be in & out of the car, and wouldn't be asking for help if I could just eat the salad) for fast food- I have McDonald's right by the Post Office I have to go to, and a Jack in the Box too. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Replies

• havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Subway - veggie delight on whole wheat...no cheese, no sauce... a 6" is 230 calories
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I don't have a Subway anywhere near where I'm going. I did find out there's an Arby's, in addition to the McDonald's or Jack in the Box...
  • ChristineL
    Options
    Either McDs or Arby's, I would think grilled chicken sandwich with no mayo and a diet soda or unsweetend tea.
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    a grilled chicken sandwich w/ no sauce and apple dippers or a yogurt parfait or a happy meal
    If you are near a Wendy's you could get a cup of chili
    Or a Taco Bell you the 7 layer burrito isn't too bad
  • Mina133842
    Options
    I usually get a happy meal, so I know I could try that.. just didn't know if there was something "better." I have tried a few of the chicken sandwiches- maybe I'll try one of those..
  • Mina133842
    Options
    Thanks!
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    I went to your page and saw you are from Spokane, I am from Tacoma... do you ahve a Taco Time? I don't know if they are on your side of the mountains...but if they do the white chicken chili is sooooo good, they also have it in a meal paired w/ a light taco. Its yummy
  • Mina133842
    Options
    We do have Taco Time, just not one near where I'm going.. I love their crisp chicken burrito - I'm sure it's LOADED with calories though. I think there is a Taco Bell nearby too - but I'd be too tempted to order stuff I shouldn't be eating. I know that lunch TODAY won't kill me, but since yesterday our "office" holiday dinner was at Old Spaghetti Factory, I ordered stuff I THOUGHT would be a better choice (spaghetti with marinara sauce) and ate my WHOLE DAY's calories in one meal, (which I'm okay with that ONE splurge for the whole holiday season) I better try and stay on track.
  • laralou
    Options
    actually it is healthier to have a plain hamburger that it is the grilled chicken sandwhich, look up the nutrition values on the internet. Go to McDonalds website and you will see.
  • Jessrocks
    Jessrocks Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    taco time chili is yummy! as is wendy's chili. at McD's I always get a hamburger kids meal w/ white milk and apple dippers. it's not a terrible lunch for fast food, the apple dippers are yummy, and it's actually kinda filling if you take your time eating.
    Good luck. (overall, I would avoid arby's... )
  • Trav
    Trav Posts: 2,022
    Options
    i try to stay away from fast food at all times...but if i do, chili at wendys
  • ChristineL
    Options
    actually it is healthier to have a plain hamburger that it is the grilled chicken sandwhich, look up the nutrition values on the internet. Go to McDonalds website and you will see.

Good to know. Thanks.
  • TracyJean2012
    TracyJean2012 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    i sometimes get a snack wrap with no sause, it might be a little higher but they taste pretty good and get the grilled ones not the crispy.
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    i try to stay away from fast food at all times...but if i do, chili at wendys

I agree with Trav. Chili at Wendy's is high fiber and low-fat. And it tastes good and filling, too! I small cup is only 190 calories.
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Subway! But I like the grilled Chicken sandwiches at BK & McD with NO mayo

Just wanted to say HI! I'm from Spokane too!
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Jack in the box Chicken Fajita Pita (300 Cals) even less if the take off the cheese with a side of there fruit cup. very good for you and healthy too
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    it might be too late, but the southwest chicken (grilled) salad at mickey d's is really yummy!!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Thank you for asking the question about what to do. Because I do find myself with the family that wants to go out to eat and I am just dreading every single min. I love the happy meals and who can pass up those toys :bigsmile: I love subway however it tends to get old after a while.
  • TracyJean2012
    TracyJean2012 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I'm always prepared when a friend wants to do lunch, I have printed off all the menus for the fast food places and whatever we choose to go to I can look at the menu before we go and then I know what I'm already having thats good for you. Hope this helps all!
  • Mina133842
    Options
    thanks for all the suggestions - I DID find a Taco Time nearby, got a couple of tacos. Still have 1/3 of my calories left for dinner. Thanks for all the help! :)