Any tallish girls with transformation pics

Options
2»

Replies

• chezileigh
    chezileigh Posts: 255
    Options
    Thanks Shannon and congratulations you look fab :)

So Rae do you reckon my target weight is maybe too low?
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    So Rae do you reckon my target weight is maybe too low?

No. Depends on how much muscle you have or want. I've been 145 before. Definitely wasn't "too skinny" just a lot less muscle than I have now.
  • chezileigh
    chezileigh Posts: 255
    Options
    Think I'll see how I feel or look when I get nearer :)
  • urbansmamma
    urbansmamma Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and started at 215, although the first pic is me at 205. The last 2 pics were taken 2 weeks ago at 166. My goal is 150.

7646350758_1886f121f7.jpg
    7646358186_d7006c9165.jpg
    7646355958_46c0518943.jpg
  • lovemybabes9709
    lovemybabes9709 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11 and I *so* want to lose all the weight I have put on in the last 15 years. I am loving all of your progress photos, beautiful ladies!!! WOOT!!!
  • urbansmamma
    urbansmamma Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11 and I *so* want to lose all the weight I have put on in the last 15 years. I am loving all of your progress photos, beautiful ladies!!! WOOT!!!

You can do it!!!
  • BreanneMG
    BreanneMG Posts: 42
    Options
    Hello, I'm 5'9 I am newish to the MFP world since joining i have lost 3lbs, but all together I have lost 10lbs, wich i know doesnt sound like much but as you can see in my pictures it is noticable, I am currently stuck at 187lbs but my goal is 150lbs, i would be happy with 160 though :P

The first Picture is me 2.5 years ago when I was dancing and in shape, the secont is me in may 2012 I believe and the bottom is me in End of June/ start of july 2012.

weight2.jpg
  • sana66
    sana66 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • thenewmrsfitz
    Options
    Bump for reading later :)
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft 10" (or just under). Started at 273 lb and now 173 lb with a target weight of 168 lb. Its taken me just over a year to drop my weight. There are a few pics on my profile but this is only open to friends.

This is the top end for my height, but I strength train so look smaller than my weight, ie. I am now a UK 12 or 14 but when I was the same size 15 years ago and did not strength train I weighed 140 lb. I actually brought my target weight in as I don't want to get too much smaller (it doesn't suit my frame).

Good luck on your journey.
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11"-ish, and started at 349. I'm still a work in progress, slowly getting to 175. I'm at about 200 now, and there is a definite difference. I'm complete rubbish at posting photos on the message boards (yes, I've seen the tutorials, thanks), but there are a few pics on my profile that show the difference.
  • atynk
    atynk Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I am 5"9 and started at 190 lbs. I got down to appx 144 before I became pregnant, now am at 153 working on those last 10 lbs.. but very happy with where I am at.
    here at 190
    Fall09022.jpg

here at 144 before baby
    Florida2010081-1.jpg

2 months post baby
    420090_10150531113927993_723827826_n.jpg

this is me yesterday.. 153
    532597_3262012719277_759673975_n.jpg
  • movn4ward
    movn4ward Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Wow, this post has really got me encouraged. You ladies look fantastic and it's good to know that I am not the only one who at 5'9" felt like the weight just snuck up on me. I too, had the misfortune of believing I was "not that big" until I saw a picture of myself taken at a family gathering that made me cry for about an hour. I've been working on my weight ever since, but DID/DO NOT allow anyone to take any full body pictures of me. If I could find that picture I will post. I was at 255 lbs, however, I have some headshots that you can definitely tell the difference in my face. I'm actually still scared of the full body pictures.

Awesome work ladies, makes the goal of 30 more pounds and four dress sizes seem much more attainable.
  • MeganSWoods
    MeganSWoods Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and started out at 305, now I'm 164.4-- I hit my goal weight!

BeforeandAfterbeach.jpg
  • ArynnOctavia
    Options
    I'm 5'10. I started at 329 lbs, and as of my last weighing, I am down to 186. I have somewhere between 20 to 40 lbs to go, not sure where I want to end up. I started as a US size 24 (which was tiiiiiight) and now my 14s start to sag after after wearing them a few hours.

I have a few pics on my profile (not really enough for a comparison) but I have posted a few times in this message board, with pics at 50, 100, and 140 pounds lost.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11"-ish, and started at 349. I'm still a work in progress, slowly getting to 175. I'm at about 200 now, and there is a definite difference. I'm complete rubbish at posting photos on the message boards (yes, I've seen the tutorials, thanks), but there are a few pics on my profile that show the difference.

You guys are all amazing!
  • bcerz811
    bcerz811 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I don't have any pics here at work, but I'm 5' 10" and 24 years old. In high school, I was always around 155-165lbs. In college, I began to gain weight when I started birth control and an antidepressant. I was so fatigued, and so busy with college, that exercise was not on my radar at all. Over the course of the 4 years I was in school, depending on dose changes and what not of the meds I was on, I hit as high as 208, and then when I got married in 2009, I had gotten myself to 187. But, by May of 2011, I hit my highest weight of 216lbs and I was so tired I was falling asleep driving to work. So, I decided I had to do something. I went off all my meds on my own and decided to tackle my depression the old fashioned way, the way my doctor when I was 18 had recommended from the start: with exercise and therapy. I immediately dropped 10lbs in less than a month. After that, I spent the next 8 months eating only until I was full, one helping for each meal, and starting to walk every day, at least a mile every day. By winter 2012, I was 189lbs. I joined a weight loss group on facebook and started using mfp occasionally to track what I ate, and then in April, got a good inhaler for my asthma and started training for a 5k. I'm now in a healthy weight range: 167.4lbs as of this morning. My goal is 155lbs by the end of September. I cannot believe how much lighter I feel, and it feels SO good to be a size 10-12 instead of 16-18. I carry all my weight in my hips and belly so my pants are always baggy in the legs now, but still tight at the waist. I'd like to change that...Over the past month I plateaued at 168.8--mostly because of traveling and not watching what I was eating as carefully, as well as complications from ovarian cysts...but since I seemed to be coasting, I upped my exercise (i think my body got used to what I was doing), and now I'm back to tracking everything that goes in my mouth. Seems to be working because over the past week I've lost another pound, FINALLY. :)

It's super easy to let your weight sneak up on you when you're tall because it takes a lot of extra weight before you start to LOOK heavy, even if you ARE. When I would tell people I was 216, no one believed me. But now they can't believe how much smaller I look. Being tall can be deceiving weight wise...it can make it difficult to see exactly how unhealthy you are. We hide weight well! Best indicator I have found is a BMI chart, and my clothing size. If my clothes are still getting looser, and my body is getting more toned, then I'm on the right track! If you can see ribs...too thin. There is definitely a difference between being skinny and being fit. My goal is to be fit. Fit tall girls are hot! And getting in shape builds SO much confidence. It's so good for your self esteem. My depression is under control, and I tell you what, exercising every day has been a better antidepressant than that pill ever was. :) You can do it!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!