Textbook hourglass girls

Options
2»

Replies

• fit_librarian
    fit_librarian Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm hourglass too (42-30-42)! And sometimes you can't really fight the shape you are. My cousin is a pear shape and she always tries to reduce her hips and thighs, but what she doesn't realize is that it's just the way she naturally is.

And I'm about halfway finished my weight loss journey. I've only seen a real difference in my waist too. I've only lost an inch or so around my chest and hips.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    i always assumed your waist was supposed to be 10" smaller than your hips. right now im appleish due to swelly belly from surgery 27.5 waist 35 hips chest. even at my lowest weight it stayed consistently hourglass...albeit a sad one at 32-22-32 lol

edited: uugh phone
    Kind of a weird thing to say, there's no measurement you're "supposed to" have.
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I have 36-27-36 My husband likes it. I wish my *kitten* was a bit smaller but o'well.
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I always thought an hourglass shape was the perfect shape and jealous that I don't have one and probably never will. I would love to be shaped like that!
  • SuperAmie
    SuperAmie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Just want to say.. I love the hour glass figure! I have no hips and I find the hour glass figure to be THE perfect body type <3
  • LuLuSUPER
    LuLuSUPER Posts: 189
    Options
    I do love my figure, just want it all smaller 43-38-48 solid 212 lbs. I seem to have gained weight without inches . its frustruating right now cause i would like to be under 200lbs. Just did a topic about that too, trying to get some help with that.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Embrace the shape only 8% of women have a true hourglass, and from what I understand the rule for hourglass is
    bust and hips must be within 3 inches of each other with your waist at least 9 inches smaller than bust and hips.

I'm 38-28-40 and I wouldn't change a thing.

but you could try to build up the muscle in your torso, it might thicken you up if you feel your waist is too small.
  • katnohat
    katnohat Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I genuinely thought this was trolling when I first read it....I WISH those were my measurements! But I'm a pear shape and all of my weight is leaving my thighs instead of my waist. If only my waist would get smaller. But really...Why would you complain about your waist (of all things) being too small? I love hourglass figures and I hope eventually I will have one. I think your measurements are perfect.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    i always assumed your waist was supposed to be 10" smaller than your hips. right now im appleish due to swelly belly from surgery 27.5 waist 35 hips chest. even at my lowest weight it stayed consistently hourglass...albeit a sad one at 32-22-32 lol

edited: uugh phone
    Kind of a weird thing to say, there's no measurement you're "supposed to" have.

she means to be considered an hourglass you are supposed to have a certain criteria of measurments. Thats how they categorize the body shapes.
  • twinmama1987
    twinmama1987 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Im getting there i guess.
    (i am 5ft1) I was:

195 lbs
    chest: 42
    Waist 42
    hips: 52

NOW:
    142 lbs
    Chest: 37
    Waist: 32
    Hips: 37

^ this is WITH an umilical hernia, which takes up a few inches, along with excess skin and muscle separation from my twins.
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I'm an hourglass too and I completely understand where you're coming from! It can be so frustrating. I got a dvd by the firm called total body toner which I find awesome. They tell you which part of the body each exercising is targetting so maybe try that and ignore the ones that are for your waist. You're right in that you can't really spot reduce and if you have a naturally small waist then you will always have that issue but maybe you can work on the hips and butt.

I think body image is always a problem for people who are overweight and then lose it. You're so used to seeing your body and not liking the way it looks that it's hard to change that mindset. Maybe try looking at your body and finding one bit that you really like and ask yourself why you like it. Then when you're used to that pick another one. Eventually you'll love your body just the way it is. Hopefully! Hope this helps :-)
  • LadyL2012
    LadyL2012 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I to am a typical hourglass. Broad shoulders, big boobies, tiny waist and big Kardashian style hips.

Sadly you cannot spot reduce and as i have lost weight it has come off my boobs and face, but not really my thighs and *kitten*, but am now seeing reduction there too.

I say embrace what mother nature gave you. I have been doing a lot of core work which has really pulled my waist in more but also smoothed out my hips so my silhouette is a lot smoother.
  • CChandler81
    CChandler81 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hourglass here as well...even overweight, my waist is still proportionately smaller than my hips. As a teenager, I was around your measurements and hated it. I would KILL to have that body back and hope to return to those measurements when I do lose.
    My only suggestion is to focus on building up your core muscles. Even then, your body has no rhyme or reason as to where it loses weight...so embrace the amazing figure that you already have.
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I actually just read an article a few days ago....1000 men polled and they said it doesn't matter a woman's body type, it's that she carries it with confidence that gets her noticed.

That being said, I hope you are doing this for you BUT I know at least *I* love to turn heads....

Boobs & butt happen to be where I lose the weight first (ugh) Lose the last 10 lbs and see what happens I guess? You can't fight genes.

Just be proud of what you've got and work with it!
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    i always assumed your waist was supposed to be 10" smaller than your hips.

Yes, that is the true definition of hourglass shape figure. It is not all it is cracked up to be. Up until about 8 years ago, my figure was 36-24-36, and whilst everyone THINKS that is a perfect shape. You try getting a dress to fit properly. Every skirt or dress had to be tailored, because, if it fitted on the hips or boobs, it was baggy at the waist.

There is only so much we can change on our body. Don't change it to make anyone else happy. You are the only person that matters.
  • kater8er
    kater8er Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    This is me, too. No matter how big I am, my waist stays (relatively) tiny. High waisted skirts have become my bff. I just love my figure, though, I hope it never changes!
  • olong
    olong Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    From a man's perspective (well mine at least) I'm attracted to all different types of women. I dont have a "type". I've dated very skinny, tall, short, HUGE boobs, no boobs, ghetto booty, pancake booty...a whole gambit. The only things that are MUSTs is sense of humor and trust! Looks fade with time.

But we are all built differently. Embrace your body for the amazing thing it is!

Thanks! Sometimes, we Venusians need to be reminded of this!
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    im 34-26-36 and the only place i have lost inches is my waist as well. but i actually like my curves. the smaller my waist gets the bigger my *kitten* looks. i think the hourglass shape is sexy as hell.
  • Afrikangirl
    Afrikangirl Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    In the words of SIR-MIX-A-LOT

So, ladies! {Yeah!} Ladies! {Yeah}
    If you wanna roll in my Mercedes {Yeah!}
    Then turn around! Stick it out!
    Even white boys got to shout
    Baby got back!

Little in the middle....It is all good girl...love who you are. That is what corsets are all about...trying to give other ladies the look you we have naturally....and they have been around for ages.
  • JessieMay90
    JessieMay90 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think you should be happy with yourself. I'm 40-30-40 I wouldn't mind at all if the only measurement that changed was my waist. Someone else said it could be the clothes you're wearing. Anything that looks like a bag is out. At least belts are in style