Can't think of any reasons to be motivated

Options
2»

Replies

• angelachristin
    Options
    As weird as it seems, Pinterest keeps me motivated. All I have to do is spend a few minutes looking at all the fitness pins and thinking "I want to look like that." :sad: Then I realize I'm sitting on the couch like a lazy *kitten* and I get up and work out. Problem solved. :happy:
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I'm going through this right now! I really need to exercise but I have absolutely no motivation this week... I need somebody to slap me, I think.
  • samcorvus
    samcorvus Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Drugs. Drugs help me a lot. I take a stack I call M. E. T. H. It's a combination of muscletech, energy supplements, testosterone boosters, and health supplements like fiber and a multivitamin. Thus the meth. I wake up an hour earlier than I go to the gym. Pop the stack with a couple glasses of water and lie back down. By the time it's time to go the gym I'm so pumped I can barely stand the drive to the gym.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of motivation from my MFPals.

Say it's Sat/Sun morning and I'm on the couch watching the morning news being as lazy as I can be. So I log onto MFP and see how everyone is logging these great workouts and I can't help but get off my butt and join in!

Last week I was without my gym buddy and unsure of what I was going to do - would've figured it out once I got there but I thought why not post for some suggestions? So I did and they came up with a great workout for me! Some challenging (25 burpees and 25 push-ups ouch!) but I did it with a smile on my face thinking about how awesome my pals are!
  • lehmann75
    lehmann75 Posts: 27
    Options
    A few years ago I lost 40 lbs with an end goal in mind - not to be the fat bridesmaid at my sister's wedding. Mission accomplished, but once the goal was gone, so was my motivation. This time around my goal is to run a 5K, and the Couch to 5K program is perfect for that for me since it both give me a goal and keeps me on a schedule. So that's my best advice - find something you want to do, create a plan for getting there, and then never lose sight of it.