Taming the "Girls" during workouts

Options
Ladies,

How do those of you who are big busted,like me (42F), provide really good support during workouts? I bought a "sports bra" from Lane Bryant, but I swear I thought I was gonna give myself a black eye when I was doing jumping jacks. Is there a better alternative out there?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Replies

• laurie0507
    laurie0507 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    enell.com has some great sports bras. I'm an E and bought one from there awhile back. It REALLY works at keeping the girls in place.
  • AmyMalley77
    AmyMalley77 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Ladies,

How do those of you who are big busted,like me (42F), provide really good support during workouts? I bought a "sports bra" from Lane Bryant, but I swear I thought I was gonna give myself a black eye when I was doing jumping jacks. Is there a better alternative out there?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I just posted this SAME thing last night...My thread called "sports bra recommendations?" is on the Exercise & Fitness board...I got a lot of great responses, if you want to check it out.
  • AndiNorwich
    Options
    I'm not as "priviledged" as you, but at my 38D, I find that wearing two sports bras help. I do have to get used to the constricted breathing for a moment, but for the most part, I find the two bras a help rather than a hinder.
  • inotnew
    inotnew Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I wear 2 bras. The first one is a little snugger than the second one. But not too tight, cause we must also BREATH!
  • fizaguirre
    Options
    I offered to hold'em down for my wife, but she just gave me "the LOOK" tm.

:)
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I use the Enell and it is awesome!

http://www.enell.com/
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I'm only a 38C but I know what you mean with certain workouts. I wear a regular bra with a sports bra over it. When I workout those suckers don't move a bit!
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options

See, I get the same response...women, just no pleasing them
  • fromfattytohealthy
    fromfattytohealthy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I get a cup size smaller than I actually am :ohwell: It's a little tight, but the girls don't move, so it pays off. I usually wear it under a sports top with the "built-in bra", which, as big girls know, is a lie and never good enough.
  • gogonunubean
    gogonunubean Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I am a 32E and I go for an Enell. It is not pretty, the girls are clamped down into an unsightly monoboob, but wow it works! I run and ride horses and it the only thing that has come close.

I cheated too - I got my sizing done and then bought the bra on ebay :happy:
  • mightyminerva
    mightyminerva Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have a Shock Absorber bra which is the thing that has made exercise bearable! When I started exercising, I was a hefty 42DD and have moved down to a 38/40D--the Shock Absorber bra I've gotten has made that transition and still fits and keeps everything in place. Other than my running shoes, that bra is the best workout investment I've made!

On top of that, I wear a workout top with a shelf bra. That gives a tiny amount of extra support, but not too much.
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    enell.com has some great sports bras. I'm an E and bought one from there awhile back. It REALLY works at keeping the girls in place.

I second and third this post!!! I call it my "lock and load" bra. At 42D and 46 years old there was no hope of running without hurting myself and setting off minor earthquakes.

My enell bra keeps everything totally in place while running. I recommend hanging to dry.

It does feel tight and I wouldn't want to wear it unless I was running or doing exercises involving jumping, but you just can't beat it. I do suggest finding it in a local running or specialty store as I found I needed a much bigger size then either I or the sales lady had guessed.

*Edited to add that I have a black one and wear it by itself when running outdoors and at 5Ks - no one ever looks at me funny because it looks just like all the other exercise tops except for the multiple hooks up the front

My HRM strap stays underneath in place too - an added benefit
  • Kotulak76
    Kotulak76 Posts: 5
    Options
    I swear by the Moving Comfort Juno sports bra - they are a bit of a workout to get into/out of because of the way they're designed but they keep the girls strapped down perfectly. They're priced between $30 - $50 depending on what color you choose.

http://www.amazon.com/Moving-Comfort-Womens-Juno-Black/dp/B002T1FV66/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1343313683&sr=8-3&keywords=moving+comfort
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I bought a sports bra with a wire at Scheels and its great. I have also bought a band size smaller to get a tighter fit before.
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options

We might be able to take you up on your kind offers, but you men probably couldn't run fast enough to keep up with us :laugh:
  • faylenechung
    faylenechung Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I wear two high impact sports bras when I work out. It seems to work the best for me.
  • becki1815
    becki1815 Posts: 51 Member
    Options

:) I'd totally let my husband.....after I was done working out.....totally would be fun.
  • Deedles2012
    Deedles2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options

We might be able to take you up on your kind offers, but you men probably couldn't run fast enough to keep up with us :laugh:

AMEN :laugh:
  • freckledrats
    freckledrats Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm not as endowed as some, but I find that a regular bra under my sports bra helps a lot.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Duct tape! :wink:

Just kidding. I have to wear two bras when I work out, one just doesn't cut it. :ohwell: