After Jillian Michaels DVD, what next???

Options
juicy011
juicy011 Posts: 200 Member
I've been doing Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 consistently for one and a half rounds, but don't know what dvd to do next.I love this one, my abs have really defined from all the planks and it's just the right level that I can finish the whole workout I have about 30-45 minutes set aside a few time a week for a workout and I'm looking for something to do at home that has cardio & strength training. I tried Insanity at one time and it's just way too hard for me.

Any ideas on where to go from here or am I stuck with Jillian forever :yawn: ????

Replies

• juicy011
    Options
    bump...anyone?
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and like it for the cardio and strength combo, plus it is only about 25 minutes long. I will have to check out the Ripped in 30. I am the same size as you, but need to flatten the abs! :)
  • AmberBucsis
    Options
    INSANITYYY!!!!!!!! LOVE IT. Im thinking of starting it back up september 1st~!
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    I heard that P90x was a little easier than Insanity....some of the posts I've read said that P90x was a good prequel to Insanity. I don't know...I would like to try them both but am not at that fitness level yet.

What about running and lifting weights?
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Jillian has other dvd's you could check out, I plan on getting more then just the 30 day shred.
  • AmberBucsis
    Options
    I know alot of ppl who did P90X and than DIED when they went into Insanity. Its a whole different workout. More high cardio in it. I lost almost 10 lbs doing it the first time. I felt so good after every workout. I felt like i was on top of the world. It works every muscle in your body. And you sweat buckets. no joke. I like it cause i also think its fun. Once you get used to the workouts and routines I put my own workout music on in the background to really get me going.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I did 30 Day Shred, then Ripped.... I think you'll find 30DS easier. Not that it isn't good, but it's shorter and I worked harder on Ripped. You could try doing her Burn Fat Boost Metabolism or something else.... but honestly I haven't liked anything as much as 30DS and Ripped. Now I'm biking a lot (training for a 53 mile ride in 6 weeks) and haven't been doing anything else due to my crazy schedule, but I'd like to be doing No More Trouble Zones on days I'm not biking (more weight oriented than cardio). I've heard a lot of people pair NMTZ with BFBM and alternate them each day. They are longer than Ripped or 30DS, but still under an hour.
  • Mizzy91
    Mizzy91 Posts: 63
    Options
    Yeh I think its all about insanity after Gillian x
  • tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options
    Take a look at cathe.com. She is awesome. Im doing Muscle Max right now. But she has a whole list of different types of workouts.
  • amystyran
    amystyran Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I really like 30ds, and if you find it too easy (i've heard ripped in 30 is harder) then you could go straight to level 2 or 3 if you want :) and it's only £5 from play.com!
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I love your tag line on your profile. I totally cardio for beer, too.
  • AmberBucsis
    Options
    Jillian has other dvd's you could check out, I plan on getting more then just the 30 day shred.

I did the shred as well as ripped. I would start off with the shred and than after that move onto ripped. Ripped is harder!
  • Init_to_winit
    Init_to_winit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    If you're into the work out DVDs I would definitely try another Jillian DVD or insanity or P90X or anything from beachbody for that matter! There are TONS of choices out there. P90X is really intense I have it, but you have to work out anywhere from 45 to 90 minutes for those DVDs so you'll need to have the time to devote to it.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I heard that P90x was a little easier than Insanity....some of the posts I've read said that P90x was a good prequel to Insanity. I don't know...I would like to try them both but am not at that fitness level yet.

I think P90X, which I'm doing now, is just as intense as Insanity but in a different way. P90X is more strength-training based and Insanity is more cardio-based. P90X uses weights, Insanity uses body weight as resistance. ChaLEAN Extreme is a little less intense than both of them but delivers! My profile pic was 2/3 of the way into ChaLEAN Extreme...
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    No More Trouble Zones is great. Lots of weight work!
  • RebeccaLeinen
    RebeccaLeinen Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    when i first started i did 30 day shred, then i completed ripped in 30 and then i was ready for P90X.. i would try insanity again...you'll be amazed how much easier it is now that you've completed Jillians dvds!!!
  • juicy011
    Options
    RI30 was the best thing for my abs because she does so many planks, that move is a MIRACLE!! You won't even notice while you're working out, but one day you'll look down and notice how defined your abs are!!! Good luck with it :drinker:
    I have been doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and like it for the cardio and strength combo, plus it is only about 25 minutes long. I will have to check out the Ripped in 30. I am the same size as you, but need to flatten the abs! :)
  • RebeccaLeinen
    RebeccaLeinen Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    or if you want try Jillian's body revolution! that's the one i'm on now! and i LOVE it
  • juicy011
    Options
    Thanks! I have this one, just have never really gotten into it. I'll have to give it another try!!
    No More Trouble Zones is great. Lots of weight work!
  • juicy011
    Options
    Thanks!!I've heard so much about P90x and Insanity, but don't want to buy it if It's too advanced. When I did insanity I borrowed it from my cousin, but she said it's expensive, do you know how much it was?

I think P90X, which I'm doing now, is just as intense as Insanity but in a different way. P90X is more strength-training based and Insanity is more cardio-based. P90X uses weights, Insanity uses body weight as resistance. ChaLEAN Extreme is a little less intense than both of them but delivers! My profile pic was 2/3 of the way into ChaLEAN Extreme...