Losing my mind.

Options
2»

Replies

• StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    A lot of good advice here, I don't think I have too much to add. I tell my husband that I want another wedding all the time, but this time I would just relax and enjoy it all.
  • summertyme73
    summertyme73 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I called a priest and only invited our parents. It was wonderful and cost $75! Best wedding ever.
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I called a priest and only invited our parents. It was wonderful and cost $75! Best wedding ever.

That's almost what we did. We actually got married by a husband/wife team called (and I'm not making this up) "Weddings to Go." She did the ceremony, he did the pictures. It was about $250, and we received a CD with our pictures at our hotel, along with a beautiful picnic basked with a customized bottle of champagne and dinnerware the very next day. We had a blast. My dress was $700 marked down to $64.99 (J. Crew). We drove around in a little red 3-wheeler convertible thing. And KWelvis (Key West Elvis) and his friend, who owns the Key Lime Pie Factory happened to see us wandering around, opened up the store, gave us key lime pie for our wedding cake, took pictures of us eating it, and sang for us. We danced all night at Sloppy Joe's, and went back to our B & B, where we watched the sun come up and listened to the roosters crowing. Zero stress. It was the best weddding ever.
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Vegas, baby! Picked a color, picked a menu, mailed invitations. Period. (Well, wrote a check... lol)
  • oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    First take a deep breath..I promise everything will fall into place! Her's what you do:
    1. Breath (most important)
    2. Open a bottle of wine or beverage of choice
    3. Make a list of things that are still not in place or things you are worried about
    4. Grab your fiancee or best friend
    5. Go thru each item and put in order of importance to you, (keep perspective that's why your fiancee or BF is there)
    6. Realize you have this under control and make a plan for each item you have listed
    7. Take a drink, kiss your fiancee and remember this is suppose to be fun and no one cares where they are going to sit and you have no control over who shows and who doesn't..Its YOUR day enjoy it!!!
    8. CAll your MIL and tell her to handle the rehearsal dinner you would rather not be involved.
    9. Finish the bottle, burn your list and get a good nights sleep
    10. Wake up get your DIVA on and tell yourself "YOU GOT THIS"!!

Seriously, it will all fall into place, remember stress brings on break outs you don't want that!! (:
    Have fun, congratulations and may God bring you many beautiful blessings on your new journey!!

^^^^THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is your wedding day. it should be how you want it. things change last minute, tell someone to handle it for you. things are going to go wrong and just roll with the punches. the details of the wedding aren't what make a marriage. your marriage is the only thing that matters :)
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i had issues with my mil too, she wanted to invite more people than we could afford. so i made my husband deal with that, he calmed his mom down, told her under no uncertain terms were we inviting more people.

then i gave her a job to do. i did the same with my mom. we had a lot of friends ask if they could do something, so i gave them jobs to do. it turned out to be a wonderful wedding, i didnt stress the last few weeks. and all our freinds and family that helped felt apart of the wedding. it was great. i just had to give up control over it. i set up the frame work and let everyone else fill it in.

ours wasnt huge but we had over 100 people there. and we had it on an aircraft carrier so the wedding an reception were in one place. made it much easier for everyone.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Its only the first day of your marriage, I hope the day goes as best as possible, but if it doesn't, you'll have thousands and thousands of other days to share your joy with each other.
  • Eisskween
    Eisskween Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Take a bubble bath and have a couple of glasses of wine. It will all work out. I don't understand about waiting till the week of the wedding to get a suit though. That's cutting it quite close, especially if alterations are needed.
  • mfoulkebrown
    mfoulkebrown Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Wedding planning was one of the most stressful things I have ever done. The only thing that saved me was hiring a wedding planner. By the end, she knew what I wanted and I trusted her to take care of it. If you have the funds, I would recommend hiring one. They don't have to be expensive, especially with so little (comparatively) left to do.

I totally agree with the poster that said something will go wrong and you can't plan for it. During our ceremony, my about to be SIL passed out. In the middle. And her hair caught on fire from the candles on the ground. She was fine, her hair just slightly burnt. I never would have thought that the smartest thing I did was hire my mom's oncology nurse's band (mouthful) to play the wedding. After my SIL passed out, we had a nurse on hand to make sure she was OK!
  • sheleen302
    sheleen302 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    We threw a party with lots of snacks, open bar, a band, and got married in the middle of it. It was fun!