Someone stole my cookie...

Options
2»

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Exercies and eat chocolate.

Oh, and if someone actually does steal my cookie I demand a cookies of the same or better caliber back . . . and I make damn good cookies.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I find whoever stole my cookie, punch them in the throat and take it back. And I sing the rubber ducky song.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    *bump* Definitely want to read up on this later.
  • RainRedfield
    RainRedfield Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I find whoever stole my cookie, punch them in the throat and take it back. And I sing the rubber ducky song.

This actually sounds plausible.
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Drink beer, lots...

No I think exercise and fresh air does it...also if you have a child or not, spending time with them is a great picker-upper as well..

And prayer ALWAYS works for me....
  • RainRedfield
    RainRedfield Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I exercise a lot and spend a lot of time with my friends.

I am allergic to alcohol so that kills the idea of drinking it away.

I have no one in my life. This makes the thought of using "sex" just awkward and I'm not one to pay for it. :p

I listen to music non-stop (I'm a DJ), but it doesn't do the job lately.

I will just keep doing what I'm doing and come through it eventually.
  • amillerwvu
    amillerwvu Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Turn up my Sirius Hair Nation and...
    clean/organize or
    read or
    hug my Golden Retriever (my favorite...she's 12 and I love her so much)
  • aimeebug82
    aimeebug82 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    TRY and touch my Cookie you might draw back a bloody numb! Lol I would then eat my cookieS Or Hang out with my friends they seem to be some of the best medicine a person can have.
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    What I do varies with the reason I'm depressed. The general kind of blues thing I often exercise although sometimes I sleep more since I often get that way when I'm not sleeping enough. I try to identify why I feel the way I do and then address whatever the problem is.

It sounds like you're a very busy person. Perhaps some sort of rest and rejuvenation thing is what you need. It also sounds like you've had some rough times lately. If this has been an ongoing thing you might want to seek some professional help. Sometimes they can help you in ways your friends and family can't. Sometimes you need to chemically rebalance and maybe meds are in order.

Good luck and pamper yourself a bit.
  • Pacificplayland
    Options
    Throw on loud music and clean. Not always easy to get going, but setting the house back to rights makes me feel calm and collected again. If I'm really feeling lethargic, a hot shower and a good book.

^This exactly!^
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    What I do varies with the reason I'm depressed. The general kind of blues thing I often exercise although sometimes I sleep more since I often get that way when I'm not sleeping enough. I try to identify why I feel the way I do and then address whatever the problem is.

It sounds like you're a very busy person. Perhaps some sort of rest and rejuvenation thing is what you need. It also sounds like you've had some rough times lately. If this has been an ongoing thing you might want to seek some professional help. Sometimes they can help you in ways your friends and family can't. Sometimes you need to chemically rebalance and maybe meds are in order.

Good luck and pamper yourself a bit.

This is GREAT advice!
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    The easy answer is, I try to correct whatever situation has me singing the blues. Not always easy, as it usually takes a pretty tough situation to get me really down in the dumps.

An outdoors workout - in the sun to be exact - can help, especially in the winter. Sometimes, changes in weather can help. Like if we're in the middle of a bad weather pattern, taking a break from it can releave some of the stress.

I race triathlon, and sometimes that messes up my hormones, where I have 2-day post race high followed by 5-6 days of depression. I know this is all chemically induced, and eventually my body will re-adjust itself. It helps knowing that I just have to wait it out, and things will improve.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Chocolate or sex. :blushing:
  • LaurySch
    LaurySch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    First: I go get my damn cookie back.. (no one takes my cookies)...

Second: Chat with friends.

Third: Have Sex.

^This.

And I'm glad that I have friends who understand, until they started talking I thought I was alone - now I know it's not the end of the world, it's just gonna feel like that for a while.
  • BeckySue1977
    BeckySue1977 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I exercise a lot and spend a lot of time with my friends.

I am allergic to alcohol so that kills the idea of drinking it away.

I have no one in my life. This makes the thought of using "sex" just awkward and I'm not one to pay for it. :p

I listen to music non-stop (I'm a DJ), but it doesn't do the job lately.

I will just keep doing what I'm doing and come through it eventually.

This might sound a bit strange, but the first thing I do is cry! I let myself have that minute or 2 of feeling sorry for myself and crying it out, then remind myself that I'm stronger than that and find something to do that gives me a sense of satisfaction for having completed it, even if it's only cleaning the kitchen.
    Excercise (and sex if you have the option) is great for getting endorphins going!
    Alcohol doesn't fix things, just puts off the inevitable.
    Another thing that helps me is having alone time. If I've been with people and having to behave and be sociable for too long it starts wearing on me and I need my time alone to read or watch tv or just lay around and do nothing. Sometimes just half an hour, but my alone time is invaluable!

Good luck!
    Looks like you have a lot of people on here supporting you!
  • angimac
    angimac Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Going for a walk with my "not child friendly" music playlist blaring helps clear my head, increases endorphins, all that good stuff...

But honestly, even though I've lost 126 pounds, and exercise DOES help, I still have to take an antidepressant. Some people do. There's no shame in it. With some people, there is a chemical imbalance that only medication will help to balance out... It's no different than a diabetic who takes insulin... It's needed for survival and the benefits outweigh the risk, by far.

I hope that you find some peace...

And if someone tries to steal MY cookie, I'm gonna stab 'em with a fork... while cracking a corny joke like "don't make me fork you up"