What is your most incredible

Options

Replies

• sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Finishing my first century ride. I cried like a little b!tch when I crossed the finish.

What Century ride did you do?
    I did the Santa Fe Century in May.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I could do 3x8 at 495 on squats (raw) at 5'10" 210 when I was 25.

Not world class level, but competitive at a local power lifting meet anyway.
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    When I was a state trooper, and was probably around 30 years old, I stopped a vehicle and a guy jumped out and ran on foot. He was a thin, young teenage gang banger and in great shape. I chased him 4 miles before I caught him on foot....pushed him down, handcuffed him...got him up and made him run the 4 miles back to the car with me. He had to stop to throw up 3x on the trip back. MY.BEST.DAY.EVER. on that job!
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    I ran my first ever 5k 10 months, to the day, after having a stroke. I was a quadriplegic for over a week, but fully recovered.
  • Cwyman1
    Cwyman1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Completed the Detroit Free Press Full Marathon. Signed up 6 months prior with no running experience. Fought thru IT band issues from mile 15 to mile 26.2, but completed it!
  • bratleen
    bratleen Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Pennsylvania Tough Mudder on 4/29/12 and LI Half Marathon on 5/6/12....wasn't in the best shape for the Tough Mudder, but it was a fabulous experience. At the start of the half marathon, I was afraid I wouldn't be able to finish it, but I did and beat my previous half marathon time by 13 minutes.....:bigsmile:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    the fact that I finished a warrior dash !!

Yeah you did and so did I! Most fun ever!

Also I passed the City Fire Fighter physical exam with 100%.
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    I'd love to try a Warrior Dash sometime, too!
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    After my grandfather beat testicular cancer, he road his bike across the entire US at the age of 78. He died kayaking at 90, what a way to go.
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Placing 2nd at Utahs Toughest 10k, held at the Olympic Venue on the cross county ski trails! It was up and around the Wasatch Mountains!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Other than losing 50lbs over the last year or so, I don't really have any yet. However, my long standing dream is to be able to thruhike the Appalachian Trail before I turn 40. Don't know that I'll be able to swing it financially, though.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    come back at me after the first weekend in september and I'll tell you about my amazing experience at the tough mudder.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    When I was a state trooper, and was probably around 30 years old, I stopped a vehicle and a guy jumped out and ran on foot. He was a thin, young teenage gang banger and in great shape. I chased him 4 miles before I caught him on foot....pushed him down, handcuffed him...got him up and made him run the 4 miles back to the car with me. He had to stop to throw up 3x on the trip back. MY.BEST.DAY.EVER. on that job!

Where's the "like" button or better yet "love it"
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Last summer I completed "The Serious Series" in Michigan. No racing experience prior. 2 half marathons (May and August) and a 10k (June). I wasn't last in any, and was 15th in the 10k. I got an awesome giant beer mug for completing the series.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    For me personally I did my first Warrior Dash at 280 pounds. It wasn't a stellar time, but I frakkin' did it!

My bestie (rhondalynn3) did the Susan G Komen walk last year, and is doing again this year. That's 60+ miles in 3 days. This amazes me.
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    the Warrior dash... and climbing a mountain only two weeks after knee surgery.. (with a cane.. but i made it up dammit!)
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options

Where's the "like" button or better yet "love it"

Love this!
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    U.S. Army Combat divers course.
    Easily the absolute toughest course I have ever taken.
    Granted, I was 25 years old at the time and in wonderful shape.
    Now I would probably get winded walking to the boathouse.
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Oh! Definitely climbing up and down the Gros Piton in St. Lucia in under 4 hours (it's over 2600 feet high). That was the most amazing thing I have ever done to date.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    For me personally I did my first Warrior Dash at 280 pounds. It wasn't a stellar time, but I frakkin' did it!

My bestie (rhondalynn3) did the Susan G Komen walk last year, and is doing again this year. That's 60+ miles in 3 days. This amazes me.
    You both are amazing!

So is everyone in this thread. I'm in awe.