I'm choosing to see this as a NSV

Options
We went out to dinner the other night and I wisely chose not to eat everything on my plate. Instead I asked for a doggy bag, planning to take the uneaten portion home for lunch the next day. It was only once I got home that I realized I'd left the doggy bag on the table at the restaurant.

The bad news is that this is the third time this has happened in the last couple of weeks! It's a sign that I'm doing a good job with my portion control, but there's a still a part of me that hasn't gotten used to the idea of there being anything left after a meal and is still perfectly content to simply push back from the table and head out the door. The good news (and it's REALLY good news as far as I'm concerned), is that I'm consistently doing a better job with my portion control.

I'll take my victories where I can get them, but can't wait until the day comes when I can consistently turn a $15 dinner into a $7.50 one, plus a $7.50 lunch!

Replies

• moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! And so much better for the bank account :) Great NSV!
  • mzabicki
    mzabicki Posts: 13
    Options
    I don't mean to sound stupid but what is NSV? Good job on the portion control! I have such a hard time with that.
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to sound stupid but what is NSV? Good job on the portion control! I have such a hard time with that.

NSV is a Non Scale Victory. For those accomplishments and milestones you can't measure on a scale. By the way, I asked the same thing when I first came- it is NOT a stupid question! :)
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    We went out to dinner the other night and I wisely chose not to eat everything on my plate. Instead I asked for a doggy bag, planning to take the uneaten portion home for lunch the next day. It was only once I got home that I realized I'd left the doggy bag on the table at the restaurant.

The bad news is that this is the third time this has happened in the last couple of weeks! It's a sign that I'm doing a good job with my portion control, but there's a still a part of me that hasn't gotten used to the idea of there being anything left after a meal and is still perfectly content to simply push back from the table and head out the door. The good news (and it's REALLY good news as far as I'm concerned), is that I'm consistently doing a better job with my portion control.

I'll take my victories where I can get them, but can't wait until the day comes when I can consistently turn a $15 dinner into a $7.50 one, plus a $7.50 lunch!

Any accomplishment that is in the mind as much as on the scale is worth noting as an NSV. Good going, taziwac!