Please recommend protein powders that don't taste like a**

Options

Replies

• cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Dynatize ISO-100. Low calorie, low fat, low carb. Mixes well and tastes great. I've only tried the Gormet Chocolate and Vanilla.

I love the Dymatize ISO-100 with unsweetened almond milk and some frozen fruit. Tastes just like a milkshake! So good after a hard workout!
  • lisacornell
    lisacornell Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Six Star whey protein by Muscletech (sold at Walmart). I love the vanilla cream flavor mixed with almond milk. There is 30g of protein per scoop for only 160 calories. A 2# container costs between $18 to $19.
  • KateL1969
    KateL1969 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Drink milk - does the same job, a lot cheaper and tastes great!
  • xTenaciousJx
    xTenaciousJx Posts: 555
    Options
    Vega Chocolate!!! now whey or soy! loveeeeeeeeeeeee its the best tasting protein powder i've ever tasted and i love the nutrition value and what's in it.
  • cllovesdw4eva
    Options
    Thu 07/26/12 01:38 PM

If you like iced coffee...try BSN Syntha 6 Mocchachino flavored. Sooo good

God bless you.....I have a serious addiction to mocha ice coffee....this will help me greatly!
  • themichaelf
    Options
    market pantry whey protein - chocolate ... you can find it at target

i look forward to it everyday after my workouts
  • cllovesdw4eva
    Options
    I did it wrong at first, but again, God bless you for this suggestion.
    If you like iced coffee...try BSN Syntha 6 Mocchachino flavored. Sooo good
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Tried and liked Optimum Nutrition strawberry, chocolate, vanilla, cookies&cream and what else, cake batter and banana! :wink:
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I use the cheap Body Fortress Chocolate flavor from Wal-Mart. Only $15 a tub and the chocolate tastes great mixed with milk. I've had the Vanilla too, and it's not bad.
    A friend of mine got an orange flavor from GNC and when you mix it with milk, it tastes like a creamscicle.

Good luck!
  • whiteheaddg
    whiteheaddg Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I just picked up the ON Gold Standard Vanilla Ice Cream because I'm already using the Muscle Milk Chocolate (which is quite good). The Vanilla Ice Cream is....OK. I think I'll go the Double Chocolate route when I burn through this batch. Blending with the Vanilla Ice Cream and some fruit would probably be tasty, but I usually down these at work and that's not an option.
  • k8ermarie
    k8ermarie Posts: 204
    Options
    I am currently using

AMP - Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60. It's 260 cals per serving at 3 scoops with 60g of Protein. However, I was told I could do 1 scoop if just replenishing muscle is my goal here and at that serving it's 90 cals per serving with 20g of Protein. I got chocolate when I generally stay away from it and it's not bad! Not chalky. I used a DotFit Shaker and mix with 8 oz cold water.

I used to use Dot Fit Pre/Post Workout in Creamy Vanilla and it was very good.

Good luck!
  • kajpen
    kajpen Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Jay Robb protein shakes are the absolute best I have found. Every flavor tastes good. The Tropical Dreamsicle, Strawberry, Pina Colada, and Chocolate flavors are my favorites. Vanilla is the one I will use if I'm mixing in fruit. :-)
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I got the same flavor/brand (Optimum Nutrition Whey Gold Standard - French Vanilla Cream) as you did and it's not my favorite, but I add those Duncan Hines flavor packets to them to change it up, as well as adding things like PB2 (chocolate). My co-worker bought the Double Rich Chocolate and that one is better. I'm gonna try their Chocolate Mint - wish I could find somewhere that has samples of all of the Optimum Nutrition Whey Gold Standard flavors.

I used to use the Walker Diet powders, which is more of a meal replacement than true protein, is was very thick & filling, but anything but the vanilla was not pleasant.

I found one at the local Wallie World - Body Fortress Whey Isolate (vanilla) that's isn't too bad. I use it for after workout (higher protein/BCAA's) - it flavors up well and is very cost efficient ($19 @ Wallie). It comes in Vanilla, Chocolate & Strawberry - I think Cookies & Cream as well.

If you want just prue protein - I used to get Unjury. My friend who has By-pass had it and gave me samples. Not too bad, their Chocolate Splenda was good, plus it came in an "unflavored" for mixing into things and a Chicken Soup for broths & such. A little pricey compared to quantify & price, but an option.
  • ernielaurie
    Options
    Google "green monster" they taste good, are good for you and you can add protien powder if you want.
  • Taneil27
    Taneil27 Posts: 253
    Options
    Pure protein is really good. I love adding the vanilla to my greek yogurt and berry smoothies :)
  • Aspynmom
    Aspynmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Unjury...you can get it from Amazon. Super, super smooth. The chocolate and vanilla are YUM. I mix it with almond milk and it's delish! First protein powder that I've found that just mixes right up in one of those blender bottles with no chunks left behind.
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Six Star whey protein by Muscletech (sold at Walmart). I love the vanilla cream flavor mixed with almond milk. There is 30g of protein per scoop for only 160 calories. A 2# container costs between $18 to $19.

YES.

That is the one.
    I like the vanilla, and I'll bet it is good w/almond milk, or vanilla Silk.
  • DawnAnonymous
    Options
    Dynatize ISO-100. Low calorie, low fat, low carb. Mixes well and tastes great. I've only tried the Gormet Chocolate and Vanilla.

1) I DO like the protein I am drinking

2) Dynatize ISO-100 Whey Protein. I drink the vanilla. I have tried a bunch that were heavy and didn't like that...but I can't remember them cause they suck.

I liked this brand better because it was effective, inexpensive, and mixed well. I could make a gallon and pour it as needed. I didn't add anything to it, just water.
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I use the Kaizen Vanilla Ice Cream flavour (from Costco), with 1 cup of vanilla soy milk and 2 ice cubes. Blend it up and dear lord I love it (I'm fairly fussy usually).

On weekends I'll drink them instead of meals as well as post-workout, I could very probably live on that and my alternate, 1 cup frozen raspberries, 1 cup water, 1 scoop of the same whey, 1 ice cube.

So thirsty for one now....
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I use EAS Chocolate Whey. I absolutely love it. I mix it with a variety of things, but mostly PB2 Chocolate, skim milk and a small banana.