So tired all of the time.. HELP

Options
So I feel really tired for the majority of my day. I aim for about 8 hours sleep per night, and get an absolute minimum of 6 and I try to eat around 1500 calories most of the time because I'm rather active and obviously exercise regularly now. I have been doing this since February, but I had a month where I relapsed in May-June before I decided to join this website, and I recently had a bad week. (If you go back in my diary you'll see it got so bad I didn't log, which yes, I know, is wrong.) Clearly I have had some problems with motivation but I'm back on with it now!

The only thing I would think is tiring me out is that I work hard at my part-time job in a bakery for around 20 hours a week. Am I doing something wrong with my diet? This has been happening to me for about 6 months, since I have changed my diet.

I recently read something on the internet (http://www.superskinnyme.com/body-types.html) about body types and it basically says that my body type - endomorph - is the reason I have "attacks of fatigue". I'm not sure if I trust this source but I guess I was searching for an explanation.

Is there any way I can stop this from happening or make it easier on myself? I'm not into coffee because I hate the taste or energy drinks because of the calories so I'd prefer something natural if possible, but all suggestions are welcome and appreciated!

Replies

• amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Lacking certain B vitamins can leave you feeling fatigued.
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/399155-what-vitamin-is-good-for-being-tired/
  • candice382
    candice382 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Low levels of vit D can also cause fatigue.
  • vleconte
    vleconte Posts: 6
    Options
    Perhaps are you deficient in some of the vitamins you need. I used to be anemic and deficient in iron and would get 8 hours rest daily and still felt tired. Ive been taking supplements for years now and no longer feel that way. If your work is making you tired then adjust the kind of work out you do and perhaps do low impact exercises.
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I take Centrum Silver for Women Plus 50. It gives you EXTRA B 12, 50 percent of daily iron and calcium and extra vitamin D, which is EXACTLY what my tired body needed. It helped me have enough energy to work out at night after work and take care of 3 kids, a house, dog, and a husband, so I'd say TRY IT! LOL. I also take two purified fish oil caplets to help with ummmmm, regularity issue that can come with taking a multi-vitamin. I SWEAR it helped me lose weight. Good Luck!
  • muriah2
    muriah2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hows your water intake?
  • Mariaisgettingfit
    Options
    Damn, I actually have been anaemic previously, around 2 years ago. I suppose I had a hidden suspicion it had returned but what you guys have said has pretty much confirmed it. I'll get my iron supplements back out and see if that helps!

And my water intake is really good, if I do say so myself! I get at least 8 glasses a day. :)
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Fatigue is such a general symptom, it is really hard to say from your description. Perhaps you should make an appointment with your doctor and have some blood work done to see of there isn't something medical going on.
  • shelk76
    shelk76 Posts: 58
    Options
    Im the same and i have a b12 defeciency.
  • mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'd go to the doctor and get your levels checked. Fatigue is how I know my thyroid is off, when i am getting 8+ hours of sleep a night and i'm still tired, then I know something is wrong. Perhaps you should get blood work done?