Whole30 Challenge Beginning August 1...who's in?

Options
AggieCass09
AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
The Whole30 Challenge is a way to restart your metabolism and regain control of your eating in just 30 days. The program is very well laid out here (http://whole9life.com/category/whole-30/) as well as in the book, It Starts with Food (http://www.amazon.com/Starts-Food-Discover-Whole30-Unexpected/dp/1936608898/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319647713&sr=8-1).

I have completed this challenge back in January with great success (loss of 12 lbs, elimination of all heartburn and associated meds, increased crossfit performance, and more energy) and am looking to do another month long challenge beginning August 1. Is anyone interested in doing this with me to support and encourage one another through the various challenges (http://whole9life.com/2012/06/the-whole30-timeline/) we face as we train our metabolisms to behave?

Replies

• Shyloh07
    Shyloh07 Posts: 18
    Options
    I get back from vacation on the 12th and could start then!
  • Aurora_S
    Aurora_S Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've decided to try the Paleo route and like how Nerd Fitness says to try it for 30 days. So I'll be starting my own Paleo Challenge. But it will still coincide with ya'lls! :)
  • AggieCass09
    Options
    yall are more than welcome to join the group and just modify the dates as needed...please let me know if you are committed to this and I'll invite yall to the official group :)
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Hey Cass.. with your prodding and me getting concerned about my diet again / maybe I am not doing something right.. i could try paleo again.. I just am not sure I want to cut out dairy completely again and may need a reminder constantly to eat spinach or some other leafy green.

I just wish I could be handed what I am going to eat instead of trying to figure it out all the time. Paleo has to be so predetermined and planned out. It's hard sometimes when I just want to grab something and go.

I am considering it. I will be on travel August 2nd coming home.. and on the west coast August 1st.. so I can try to eat well while eating out :P
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I'm already paleo but 80/20 would be good to push it for a bit
  • AggieCass09
    Options
    Steph,

I travel a lot for work and I still find paleo meals on the go! You can totally do it. In terms of the diary, I did cut it out the first time I did this challenge and then slowly re-introuced it to see if it actually negatively impacted me. It did not in small quantities (no more than 2 servings a day) and this is how I presently eat. So, its up to you what you do and exactly how you take this challenge, but it cant hurt to try omitting it for 30 days then slowly re-ad it in. Here is their logic on no-dairy http://whole9life.com/2009/07/dairy-manifesto/

so are you in?!?
  • christyd4
    christyd4 Posts: 191
    Options
    I eat pretty clean as it is right now but I would love something that would challenge my eaitng :)
  • Aurora_S
    Aurora_S Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ok - I lied. I just finished the Whole30 pdf that you posted. I'm SO in and i'm going to force my diabetic husband and children to eat the same dinners at me. They won't starve! August 1st - i'm excited!!! :)
  • AggieCass09
    Options
    I'm so excited to have yall join! anyone else in...?
  • pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I started this past Saturday so I'm on day 6!
  • 2_young_2B_old
    2_young_2B_old Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    August 1st I'm gonna start this, but I'm also going to follow Robb Wolf's auto immune Protocol as well. That mean I will be also excluding eggs, nightshades, and dairy. I think whole 9 excludes dairy already. I've been eating more primal than paleolithic,of course with some f-ups along the way.
  • daysangel
    daysangel Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join in as well. I've been trying to eat as clean as possible, but need some help!
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Steph,

I travel a lot for work and I still find paleo meals on the go! You can totally do it. In terms of the diary, I did cut it out the first time I did this challenge and then slowly re-introuced it to see if it actually negatively impacted me. It did not in small quantities (no more than 2 servings a day) and this is how I presently eat. So, its up to you what you do and exactly how you take this challenge, but it cant hurt to try omitting it for 30 days then slowly re-ad it in. Here is their logic on no-dairy http://whole9life.com/2009/07/dairy-manifesto/

so are you in?!?

Thanks. I could use support in trying this again. I can cut dairy out if necessary. I don't eat a whole ton now - just some cottage cheese and milk. Only a few servings a day at most.
  • ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options
    wow, i just read the outline and i'm not sure i could restrict myself this extreme :(
  • dedication6
    dedication6 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Amcolecchi
    Amcolecchi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    How does this work? I am new to this!
  • lifechange12
    lifechange12 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    How different is it from what I am trying? ... I'm always up for a challenge ;)
  • MissParii
    MissParii Posts: 1
    Options
    I would love to start this with you! Something New!:smile:
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    How does Whole30 "restart" your metabolism? Pretty sure mine never stopped.