CUPCAKE WITHDRAWALS!!

Options
If I were to break down, and just have a cupcake, that I have been CRAVING forever - what would be the very least calories I could get away with? Any suggestions?? Thanks!!

Replies

• ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Depends on how high you pile the icing.:happy:
  • staciee7
    staciee7 Posts: 12
    Options
    Yeah, I know the whipped icing is better than the good ol butter cream...but if I am going to do it, I might as well just allow for it, and get it over with...lol
  • amandachristina
    Options
    One thing I've recently come to the realization of is that you really should not deny yourself things you have cravings for....they tend to lead to binges. What I have found curbs my cupcake addition is purchasing mini cupcakes and then bringing them in to work that way I get one but I'm not tempted to eat them all. Or there are places that sell just one cupcake, as long as you keep the calories with in your calorie limit, you should be fine.

Hope that helps :happy:
  • startime72
    Options
    every now and then I take a chocolate cake mix and mix it with a can of packed pumpkin and about 1/3 cup sugarfree applesauce and an egg and bake it in the oven. Its so good and moist and no fat other than a little from the egg and from the cake mix itself! Google chocolate cake mix with pumpkin, its an old weight watchers recipe. You cant taste the pumpkin at all. ( I love pumpkin but others dont) At least then you could pile on the frosting in trade for all the oil and eggs in a normal recipe. They freeze really well too! Good luck!
  • amandachristina
    Options
    startime72: I think it's time to test a new recipe on my coworkers (: thanks
  • hann789
    hann789 Posts: 3
    Options
    I completely understand the Cupcake withdrawl! I make cupcakes pretty frequently and am in the process of starting my own buisness. When I have a craving or when I make cupcakes for a party I always make some normal size ones and then mini cupcakes. A mini cupcake has always been enough to curb those insistent cravings :)
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    http://pinterest.com/skinnytaste/skinny-cupcakes/

Let's say around 150-170 cals per cupcake.

As long as you have calories to spare and macros not too shabby, go for them.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Um . . . I've sorta been having cake every night for a week now and still losing. Instead of frosting, I use yogurt for a sauce.

Have your cake and eat it toooo never deny yourself.
  • staciee7
    Options
    every now and then I take a chocolate cake mix and mix it with a can of packed pumpkin and about 1/3 cup sugarfree applesauce and an egg and bake it in the oven. Its so good and moist and no fat other than a little from the egg and from the cake mix itself! Google chocolate cake mix with pumpkin, its an old weight watchers recipe. You cant taste the pumpkin at all. ( I love pumpkin but others dont) At least then you could pile on the frosting in trade for all the oil and eggs in a normal recipe. They freeze really well too! Good luck!
  • staciee7
    Options
    That cake recipe souds great - thanks for sharing - can't wait to try it - I LOVE pumpkkin!!
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Normally 1 day a month I goto a good bakery and get a cupcake that looks like the Cookie Monster. Makes me look forward to the end of the month.
  • emaren
    emaren Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    As long as you stay under your daily calorie allowance, why not have a cupcake ?

I had one for breakfast this morning (do not ask) and made sure that by the end of the day, I was still under my numbers.

Ok, so I had a run a couple of miles and cycle another few and pretty much skip lunch, but it was worth it....
  • filming_ghosts
    Options
    Everything in moderation. :) Just make a healthy version, or indulge but try to stay near your macros! And if you don't it's fine, a cheat day once every week or two won't hurt you. :)
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I'm with on the cupcakes!!! :)
  • jpohoney
    jpohoney Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love cupcakes as well...the prettier the better I say lol If you want to have one, I would just plan to have one. I have a "planned" cheat meal a week and then I carry on. I try if at all possible to have it earlier on in the day so I have time to burn it off, but if I don't get a chance I just enjoy it. I say as long as its not mindlessly put in your mouth you are good to go!
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I love cupcakes too! If I were to have one, it would be 350 calories, snickerdoodle flavor! But Im on sweet restriction this week do next week!!! LOL
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    If I were to break down, and just have a cupcake, that I have been CRAVING forever - what would be the very least calories I could get away with? Any suggestions?? Thanks!!

Just work a cupcake into your macros that day. Simple. It's going to add some carbs and some fat. The idea is to shoot for around 1g protein per lb of lean body mass, maybe 40-60 g fat... the rest can be carbs or whatever. Easy to work in a cupcake.
  • djhannah02
    Options
    This thread makes me seriously miss this place by my house called Frosted. The things I would do for a strawberry cupcake.....