New and Exciting Journey

Options
Hello!

I wandered onto this site while I was looking for a daily caloric needs calculator and decided to stay. It seems like a really nice community. :]

I've actually already started my weight loss journey some time ago. I did a medically supervised fast after a friend recommended it to me for my migraines and dropped a good bit of weight (some of it was water and that, of course, came back). All in all, I'm down from 240 (!) to 213 and haven't really had to think about it much. If only the rest of the journey would be that easy!

I'm 23 and have been overweight since pretty much forever. Grandma fed me -a lot- of fried chicken! I hope that being a part of a community like this will help motivate me to do the right thing and not slip bacon grease into my cornbread (I don't really do that, but Southerners will understand the horrors of Southern cooking...)!

Replies

• bobcooks920
    Options
    Welcome! I'll add you as a friend!
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I totally understand the southern thing. Born and raised in Biloxi, MS. ;) Hope you find the support you need while you're here!
  • Kmdforsythe
    Kmdforsythe Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • datikihut21
    datikihut21 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Sounds like you're already on the right track. Keep going, you're doing great!
  • Tishia11
    Tishia11 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Add me!
  • danabromley
    danabromley Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp I've been here I think its 60 days today, and find it to be a great community. I've lost 16lbs in that time. The people here are very supportive, also I find it makes me more accountable. I'll send you a friend request.:smile: