December Starters and Re-Starters, CHAT, Nov 30 -Dec 6

Options
Hi, all of you out there! I am starting again and granted it is the worst time of the year to do it! The reality is that eating healthy and getting the sugar out of my life is not dependent on the time of the year!

My story is that , I was obese at the age of 1 year! My mother told me that I was CHEATING! Now that is really a good one!
The reality is that it is my problem now and has been for all of my life. I was put on my first diet at the age of 6 and then again at the age of 13. My weight at 13 was only 142 and that weight sounds good to me now. The weight is now causing me problems with my blood sugar and let's face it I am not getting any younger!
My weight has bounced from 119 to 217 over the years. I am a retired clinical social worker and love being retired!

So, if there are any November/ December starters or re- starters, I would love to chat with you!

Replies

• ZestofFourLemons
    Options
    I am a December starter! I was almost at my goal all summer and then the minute I hit September I quit. Time to cut the sugar, count the calories, and run my runs!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Sandi!! We have missed you over in June Starters; we all wondered where you had gone. You should just come back and re-join...we won't bite :wink: plus we miss your encouraging and uplifting words!
  • isandi
    isandi Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi Zesto, hope you are chugging right along....I had a brain freeze and was so focused on finishing up projects so that we can leave tomorrow that I forgot to post! If we don't get anyone else on this thread let's both go over to the June Starters!
  • courtneylynn0889
    Options
    im a decemeber starter...but i am always a restarter i can seem to stick with it... how do y'all stick with it i need soem tips
  • faymom
    faymom Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! New to this site. Have friends who swear by it. Got my second personal trainer last Wednesday. She has me on HIGH protein, LOW carbs, and WATER. Hard for a carb-oh-holic. Yikes. Sunday had two hot dogs on a bun with chili. Yikes. It was convenient. And I didn't do food diary on Saturday or Sunday. Yikes again. So trying this as a support system.
  • ACarp24
    Options
    I'm just starting today. I've been overweight my entire life, and I just want to feel comfortable with my size for once. I have decided that it's time to stop blaming the dryer for making my jeans smaller and do something about it. Hope that this forum will be a big help.
    Amy
  • erika4747
    Options
    I just got going again too. Last year I lost 50 lbs and was so close to my goal weight. After moving away from my convenient gym, switching jobs (the commute's a killer), and promptly getting back up to a weight I told myself I'd never see again, here I am. Good to see I'm not alone. Would appreciate someone to help keep me committed to the exercise. Today: an hour on the eliptical.
  • jennlabori
    Options
    Hey i'm a re-starter i join in Nov- but i ended up quiiting on myself didn't even stop eating right the only thing i did was stop drinking soda and having lots of sugry things but that didn't help because i still had went up one more pound and it sucked big time. all i wanted to do was start eating the right way and counting cal but didn't get pass that so this month i turn 25 and i promise myself i will start over and this time finish with what i start with doing that i turn 25 on the 7th since i only lost 2 pound something it something i know its water but still..so i'm looking forward into loosing 6-7 lbs a month to reach my mini goal for my 26 bday next yr in 2010. i log back on yesterday and started logging my food thru-out the day and i felt good and better about it for the first time i did that. and in the end i didnt feel hungry other times i was always hungry and wanted food-and more food. i'm glad i'm back. goodluck all new starters and re-starters
  • faymom
    faymom Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I had a friend post on his facebook " Exercise in the morning, 600 calories gone; Exercise in the afternoon or evening, 0 gone." So I make it a goal of everyday to just get out of bed, slide into the clothes, drive to gym, exercise 45 minutes." You can do it. This time of year is hard with the goodies so dont beat yourself up for the cookie or taste of butter on the hot carbohydrate loaded bread."
    Just try to do one more degree of elevation on the treadmill or go backwards on the elliptical for the length of your favorite song, no arms just work on pushing with your heel." If I go to the gym straight after dropping of kids at schools (3 diff), I feel more energized and honest with myself." Keep in touch.