New.. In need of support..

Options
Hello!
I'm April.. I'm 30 years old and I'm in need of friends, motivation and support. I know I HAVE to do this but it's difficult because of other health problems I have. I just need genuine support and understanding. You can expect the same from me. I'm scared. Sometimes I honestly don't think I can do this. :(

Replies

• CurlyGurlie88
    Options
    Hey April! I'm Anna! I'd be happy to be buds with you! We can lose weight together :) What's your biggest challenge?
  • k8little
    k8little Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey April Welcome!
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hi April! You are welcome to add me! I know exactly how you feel and I have been there!
  • mzfiyaa
    mzfiyaa Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me...
  • LizJ911
    LizJ911 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi April, I know what you mean. My birthday was yesterday and I decided that yesterday was the last time I was ever gonna weigh this much again. Bring on eating less and excercising more! I am happy to give support whenever needed! Let's go!
  • shgreenw
    shgreenw Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You can totally do this April! Signing up for MFP was the first step. I like this simple advice to get started: Stand up. Put one foot in front of the other. Repeat. It really is that simple to get moving. No need to try and run a marathon next week. Start taking short walks and before you know it, you will be able to increase the time and intensity.

The calorie counter and database on this website is SUCH an amazing tool! I always thought I ate fairly healthy, but now I see that I wasn't making the best choices. I've discovered new foods (kale chips are my newest fave) as well as great ways to eat that fill me up, but doesn't fill up my calorie allotment. Reach out and become active. This is YOURS!
  • avrilamor
    avrilamor Posts: 30
    Options
    Thank you ALL so much. I might as well be honest with you all, I have Epilepsy. There, I've said it. It prevents me from being as active as I'd like to be and I'm afraid I'll die...either due to my weight or a seizure while trying to lose weight. Please don't look @ me differently now. Yes, I have Epilepsy, but I'm still a great person...
  • cbn711
    cbn711 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hello April.
    My name is Christel. Feel free to add me I know how you feel. The inspriration and motivation I get from those on this site keep me going, even when I am not seeing the results as fast as I would like. It's so important to stay positive! Good luck on your journey!
  • shgreenw
    shgreenw Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You're still just "April, my new MFP friend" to me. :):flowerforyou:
  • Bijoux_Bug
    Bijoux_Bug Posts: 36
    Options
    I can see how such a big change could be scary, I'm kind of scared too.
    But you will never know what happens unless you try. Just do it safely and slow and steady wins the race.
    We're all here for each other working towards the same thing.
    Add me! I love playing the motivational cheerleader. :)
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I'm April.. I'm 30 years old and I'm in need of friends, motivation and support. I know I HAVE to do this but it's difficult because of other health problems I have. I just need genuine support and understanding. You can expect the same from me. I'm scared. Sometimes I honestly don't think I can do this. :(
    Avril you're going to start feeling amazing, every single day!

There is nothing to be afraid of here, unlimited support and unlimited answers to any questions you have, you've come to the right place =]

Sounds like an add off the TV, hahaha.
  • avrilamor
    Options
    You all are making me feel better already... Thank you so much
  • avrilamor
    Options
    Happy belated BIRTHDAY LIZ!!! :smooched:
  • Veronadragon
    Options
    Hi April. I'm Audrey and also new here. In need of a lil support? I'm here *grin
  • avrilamor
    Options
    Thank you Audrey! I'm here for you too! :smile: