Outdoor Activities... I need some ideas

Options
cheri822
cheri822 Posts: 62 Member
So i have treadmill, a stationary bike, some weights & an exercise ball at home and sometimes they just don't cut it and I get extremely BORED while using them. I wanna get out and do something that is semi interesting and I can burn some calories. I have a bike so I suggested to my BF that we go and ride bikes at some trails by our house. He said NO way he hates bicycling.. I don't want to go by myself because I'm paranoid about going on trails alone. Any suggestions on what the BF and I can do to get some exercise and have fun?

Replies

• cheri822
    Options
    So i have treadmill, a stationary bike, some weights & an exercise ball at home and sometimes they just don't cut it and I get extremely BORED while using them. I wanna get out and do something that is semi interesting and I can burn some calories. I have a bike so I suggested to my BF that we go and ride bikes at some trails by our house. He said NO way he hates bicycling.. I don't want to go by myself because I'm paranoid about going on trails alone. Any suggestions on what the BF and I can do to get some exercise and have fun?
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Frisbee, football, basketball, soccer, races (like sprints)....

Any sport that you can do 1 vs. 1 would be viable.
  • GemFB
    GemFB Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My b/f and I play basketball at the park or take my dog for a walk. My little girl always convinces us to play tag on the jungle gym with her.

(My b/f and I have some fun ways to lose a lb or too as well. lol :wink: )

Find something you both like to do. Or one night do something he likes, and the next ask him to try something you like. *shrugs* then you are both happy.

You could always get some ppl together and play monkey tag. That's where you go to a park and one person is it and closes their eyes and the other person hides somewhere on the jungle gym and then the other has to find them (while keeping their eyes closed) Just be careful...It can be kinda dangerous. Let the other person know before they fall of the 8 foot tall slide. lol
  • mkeithley
    mkeithley Posts: 399
    Options

I have a little cell phone pouch I can put on my bike that is VERY secure, so if something happens I have my cell. I never go biking when it's starting to get dark and I never wear my ipod so I can hear if someone is behind/beside me.
    I suck at tennis, but we go and play tennis, we also play frisbee at the park sometimes. It's not really a cardio intense thing but we do run and jump. What about hiking?
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Is there any outdoor activity your bf will do? If that's not his bag, find a bud to go riding with or join a biking/running club that you can do for yourself. :smile:

Have fun & c'mon summer!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile: :drinker: :love: :happy:
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I really like tennis. Requires only 2 people, is pretty cheap balls and a raquet, (go to a college or university to use their courts, so that's free), and you run A LOT without even realizing it! We play for minimum of an hour at a time..that's a lot of calories burned!!!
  • cheri822
    Options
    I really like tennis. Requires only 2 people, is pretty cheap balls and a raquet, (go to a college or university to use their courts, so that's free), and you run A LOT without even realizing it! We play for minimum of an hour at a time..that's a lot of calories burned!!!

there is a tennis court at my apartment, i have NO idea how to play but thats an idea.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    walking, hiking, jogging, vollyball, badminton, softball, flying a kite..:laugh: Good luck hope this gave you some ideas
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    In our family when we are needing something to do I take them disc golfing. There are alot of places to go and it is very much like hiking on some of the courses. Unlike golfing it is relatively inexpensive as most places do not charge to use the course (none of them where I live do, though they may other places) I get a good hike and can enjoy a friendly competition with the kids and we all get some exercise. http://www.discgolfdirectory.com/

I also love kiting and hiking.

Good luck finding something you like to do.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    I tried roller blading ...its was hilarious, painful and fun! I got the hang of it by the end of the summer and hope I can pick it up again...you need a flat surface though....got my boy some blades too he was pretty good last year too....hockey and street hockey is big around here so figured I'll prep him LOL

I love to walk, job, hike, swim, play tag w/ my son...he's speedy Gonzales!, bike ride, canoe!!!!!! I love to canoe! and its a great core and arms workout! and usually really fun too! rentals aren't too bad and its a fun day activity....

Good luck hon!
    hugs!
    Ali