Okay, so someone told me...

... that sex was one way to burn a lot of calories, but what if you're not really sexually active? What are some things to do to help? Comments/Opinions?

Replies

• krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Start having sex.
  • Himick
    Himick Posts: 22
    Start having sex.

That's a good one!
  • irishrose22
    irishrose22 Posts: 161 Member
    Well, without being sexually active.....it may be difficult.

Was the someone who told you someone male? Lol
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Please define "not really sexually active."
  • 33neenaj
    33neenaj Posts: 306
    Self stimulation
  • CaitLett12
    CaitLett12 Posts: 12
    Actually, it was a woman. Lol
    And I have no clue, lol. Just not having sex often, I suppose.
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,273 Member

Yeah I want to hear the answer lmao
  • Himick
    Himick Posts: 22
    ... that sex was one way to burn a lot of calories, but what if you're not really sexually active? What are some things to do to help? Comments/Opinions?

Your friend should have told you GOOD sex burns calories. :wink:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member

Are you wanting sex or some form of it to be your main source of burning extra cals?
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    there's better things for calories burned.. sex is a bonus, but I wouldn't suggest to throw urself around just to burn some extra calories.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    What are some things to do to help with what? Are you looking for non-sex activities that burn a lot of calories? Or are you looking for help becoming sexually active?
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Sex with a partner will burn calories.

Solo sex will also burn calories, but you may have to do it longer. I guess that's not such a bad thing. :laugh:
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member

Yeah I want to hear the answer lmao

I have an ex who was not really sexually active..... she just laid there! :grumble: :laugh:
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Start having sex.

That's a good one!

agreed :)
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Well, you enjoy sex, so that means the physical exertion isn't really noticeable, till you wake up sore and try and remember if you fell out of bed or not =]
  • jsherrill92
    jsherrill92 Posts: 775 Member
    Sex is the only way to burn calories.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    It burns calories, but not THAT many. Unless you're treating your partner like a gymnast treats the pummel horse.

It's kind of like saying that peanut butter is a good source of protein. It HAS protein but it's not that great of a source of it. It's a better source of fat. Sex is a better source of fun than it is a calorie burner.
  • jzrharv
    jzrharv Posts: 126 Member
    From "Livestrong" site:

According to the calories burned calculator at HealthStatus, a 180 lb. man will burn 119 calories in an hour of foreplay, or just under 2 calories a minute, while he will burn 346 calories during an hour of intercourse, or just under 6 calories a minute. According to research data from the official journal of the American College of Sports Medicine, that means in terms of calories burned, foreplay is roughly equivalent to an hour of watering the lawn while sex is equivalent to raking the lawn. For someone weighing 130 lbs., the figures are 86 calories for foreplay and 250 for sex.

Not exactly burning up the kilocals, but that's really not the point of this particular activity, is it?
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Try different positions? I know some burn a LOT more than others!
  • GO_NadZ_xO
    GO_NadZ_xO Posts: 445 Member
    Uh. Sleeping also burns calories, you realise that?

I dont get her question. What is something that can replace burning calories by having sex? How about burning calories by any other means? :/

PS; If you burn calories by running. you'll lose weight. You'll have more confidence. You'll attract more people. You'll have more sex. Done.