Getting Healthy with PCOS

Options
Hi folks,

I am relatively new to MFP. I have PCOS and need to focus on getting fit and losing weight as a) I want to feel good and b) If we are going to have a kid we need to get started within this year. I just turned 34. I've never been in a rush to have a kid and have tried to stay relatively fit with PCOS but this is the time to get it done.

I am interested in connecting with anyone who pushes it in the gym and follows a healthy diet and of course PCOS'ers. If you are looking for some real support, I've got you and am looking for the same.

WooHoo--losing this gut!

Becca

Replies

• mrsslimkatie
    Options
    Hi there. I have pcos and would love to mutually support :-)
  • lmruthe
    lmruthe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Me too. I hate it so much. I did get pregnant naturally in 2008 after 2 years of trying. So I started the 30 day shred 2 weeks ago. Hope I can get on my way to getting my Jackson a little brother or sister.
  • Unstoppable4
    Unstoppable4 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm also dealing with PCOS, trying to get healthy so that when I finally have my little one, I can be healthy for him or her. I'm looking to connect with other cysters as well.
  • sylmcguigan
    sylmcguigan Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hey there,
    I'm in the same boat as you. I want to lose 30-50 pounds before I start trying, as I'd really like the Clomid or whatever I'm given to actually have a chance with a lot less weight on me.
    I also don't want to be the fat mom (like my mother was/is) that can't do things with their kids because they're so out of shape, or too self-conscious because of their weight to participate.
    Feel free to add me if you need some motivation or need someone to talk to about this damn disorder.