Speaking of protein powders which kind do you have?

Options
I originally bought my first protein powder tub a few months ago. It's pure protein whey vanilla cream it's not bad but kind of thick. I went to GNC the other day and tried a sample of total lean already made protein shakes and they were amazing! I ended up buying 2 4 packs of swiss chocolate and strawberry then 2 packets of cookies and cream powder. It's kind of pricey at $32.99 for a 1.2 lb tub but it's so good. 9g of protein for 2 scoops 180 cals which is kind of low in protein but still so good lol

The already made ones i found are 25g of protein per bottle and 170 calories. So what have you all found that you like? And how do you like to mix yours up?

Replies

• jennadelane
    jennadelane Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I use a fairly new one to the market, Intek Evolution. Its 160 cals and 34g of protein for one scoop (40 grams). I've only tried the vanilla, but I mix it with 1 tbsp of PB2 and 6oz water and its DELICIOUS! I feel like I'm having dessert!
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    now Foods Whey protein Isolate=105 calories, 25g protein

I mix it with soy milk and greek yogurt and add in blueberries or strawberries.

Unflavored lets me control the sugar, and with the berries that's sweet enough for me. I can also add the powder to my oatmeal, soups, fruit juice, and Greek yogurt when I eat just that for a snack.

on sale, I can get a 5lb tub for about $50, that comes out to $1.62 per serving.
  • teamtommo6
    teamtommo6 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Perfect Fit Protein Powder by the Tone It Up girls... It's the first protein powder I've ever tried, and I really like it so far.
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I use MLO's Brown Rice Powder mixed with soy milk and PB2. It's vegan, a good source of protein, and has all the essential amino acids.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I found Aria at Meijer, it says it is made for women. It is a blend of whey and soy. Not sure about the taste, but I put it in things, I don't make it by itself.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    After I started logging my food, I realized I'm getting more than enough protein from my diet...but i use Body Fortress Choclate / Peanut butter protein...the cheap stuff from Walmart. I mix it with a scoop of ice cream to make a shake. i've gained muscle, but I'm working hard consistently at the gym, however, so I don't think the protein powder has much to do with it.
  • Debutante55
    Debutante55 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I use one called LeanWhey® made by Prairie Naturals. I LOVE the chocolate flavour and – most importantly to me – it doesn't have any artificial sweeteners like sucralose etc.

It provides 23 grams of protein per serving, which seems pretty good compared to some others I've checked out, but it's the taste that has me hooked. I have a cupboard full of protein powders I *tried* to use but couldn't choke down. :-p
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    body fortress from walmart. $15 a tub. tastes great.
  • fithannafit
    Options
    Precision All Natural Whey Protein in Vanilla Creme :)
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

that. the choc peanut butter is BOMB.
  • treehugger215
    treehugger215 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Vega!! They have a sports performance protein which is 25gr for around 130 calories. Or they have their nutritional shake, which has 15gr but also fibre, probiotics, greens, and 50% of your recommended daily vitamins and minerals!
    Its plant based so it is so easy to digest, it also tastes amazing! You can mix it with water, so you dont need to worry about adding extra calories to make it into a smoothie or something! (but it works great in smoothies too!)
  • KBjimAZ
    KBjimAZ Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Oats and Whey Vanilla
    Mix with almond milk, a tablespoon of almond butter and 3 teaspoons of Greens Plus
  • scott1646
    scott1646 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    For the past 3 weeks I've been using Nature's Best Isopure Low Carb Dutch Chocolate. It's so tasty and perfect right before a workout.
  • JLD81
    JLD81 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I had used a lot of different whey protein powders when I worked at a gym in the past, but have since found I'm allergic to milk. I am trying hemp protein powder now but am trying to figure what's best to mix it in since it's not flavored. It does mix smooth with water without shaking. So that is a plus. Not tasty though, but not bad. Gong to try mixing with juices
  • sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Diesel Perfect Nutrition; 111 kcal, 27 g protein, and 0.5 g carbs per 30 g serving. I order it online, and it's app. CAN $70 per 5lbs tub.
  • wholenewme03
    wholenewme03 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    bump...I was wondering the same thing
  • emmymae22
    emmymae22 Posts: 206
    Options
    Jillian Micheals Natural Whey Protein powder, 100 cals, 15 g protein, 3 g of fiber. tastes pretty good. looking for a soy-free powder though.
  • bhayes82
    bhayes82 Posts: 37
    Options
    Market Pantry (Target) because I'm a *kitten* for our owned brands — yeah, even the ones with ugly packaging — and it's a decent value. $17 for a month's supply. 140 calories, 25g protein. Whey and soy ingredients.

Can't comment on taste or solubility because I throw it in the blender with berries, milk, and greek yogurt. All of 'em taste the same that way. Also delicious when blended with Tropicana Trop50; tastes like a Creamsicle®.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

that. the choc peanut butter is BOMB.
    Yep. Body Fortress Chocolate Peanut Butter, mixed in water. 280 calories and 56g protein per 2 scoop serving. I've tried a few other brands, but keep coming back to this one. I've heard a lot of good things about Optimum Nutrition as well, but haven't tried theirs yet.
  • SuperCork
    SuperCork Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm currently using NOW! foods unflavored whey protein. I believe it's 25g protein, 105 cals...I've adjusted to lack of taste. It mixes nicely with just water. I've gotten so lazy recently that I just mix it up by hand with an egg whisk :-)