Does anyone live on Oahu?

Options
I have been informed that I do not get out enough. Ive been on the island for about a year but havent made any lasting friends besides my boyfriend

So i was wondering, I wanna "go out with the girls" and workout together and do fun girly stuff =)

Anyone interested?

Replies

• Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    i cant help you but i'm very jealous you get to live there. :)
  • sarahjuneblanke
    sarahjuneblanke Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Haha dont be.. Its beautiful but there are lots of issues. Very little jobs, lots of crazy traffic, racism, favoritism. And damn many people here do not like white people....so im SOL
  • Always824
    Always824 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Haha dont be.. Its beautiful but there are lots of issues. Very little jobs, lots of crazy traffic, racism, favoritism. And damn many people here do not like white people....so im SOL

Amen to the jobs, although I have an interview tomorrow, wish me luck! :D
    Amen to the traffic! UGHHHH!
    Amen to the racism, although I look like an islander so I get away with it sometimes, hubby doesnt though
    and
    Amen to the favoritism, I don't know how many times I've applied to jobs and never get a call but always see other people getting the job that are probably local... Sigh
  • sexy_RN88
    sexy_RN88 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm on Oahu :) And I totally feel you about all the issues...we're moving next summer and we can't wait to say goodbye to Hawaii. Don't think we'll ever be back.
  • sarahjuneblanke
    sarahjuneblanke Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    totally, sigh,,,,

They even ask you on the app if your hawaiian and i have to say no -..-
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    totally, sigh,,,,

They even ask you on the app if your hawaiian and i have to say no -..-

Well, I see those issues haven't changed in 40+ years. I lived there 1965 - 1968 (you probably weren't even born yet) and it was just like that then! Amazing, isn't it? Best wishes in finding "da kine" fellow haoles to do things with. Are you a military family?