Beautiful Blues, week of Christmas 2009

Options
challenge%206.JPG

Here we go--a lot of the same, no gains, little lost! Lets make this week a killer one!

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Here we go blues! Maintaining weight is just as hard as losing. I'm hoping for good numbers from me for next week.!!
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Yay for no gains!!!! :drinker: That's pretty awesome considering all of the tempting goodies we're surrounded by this time of year!

Next week we'll have losses. I feel it! :bigsmile:

Tomorrow is my last day at work ... I plan on working out in our fitness room after work, then working out at the Rec on Thursday morning. I'm taking Christmas off. :heart:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Hi guys just thought I'd wish you a Merry Christmas and hope you're all doing well. I'm going through a rough spot lately, but once again will recover. Kath aka hmo4
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    bump
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Leigh14
    Options
    hmo4 - I was wondering how you were doing!!! I hope things get better and you have a Merry Christmas, too. :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Hi guys just thought I'd wish you a Merry Christmas and hope you're all doing well. I'm going through a rough spot lately, but once again will recover. Kath aka hmo4

Hey CHIC!! So awesome to see you!! I'm sorry to hear that you're having a hard time right now. (HUGS) to you!! And, yes, you will recover - you're THE KATH!!! :drinker:
  • Leigh14
    Options
    So ... I weighed myself a little while ago before breakfast. I wanted to do that this morning because I weighed yesterday evening and it said I was 234. I *never* weigh my real weight mid-day ... always first thing in the morning. So, I jumped on the scale at work this morning and ... 232!! I am down 2 pounds. I can't believe it! I am hoping I can hold onto that 2 pound loss till next Monday for our weigh-in. I have two challenges coming up: lunch at a new Mexican restaurant with some friends tomorrow and Christmas dinner at my grandma's on Friday. I have the menu for Christmas dinner and don't think I'll be *that* bad, so I may just use the Mexican restaurant as my cheat day ... I'm not sure yet ... I hope it's good enough for that! lol, never been there before. :smile:
  • smadag1
    Options
    I am looking forward to a long weekend. My hubby has to work all weekend so I am going to get some running in and some serious time on the elliptical. I have not been able to run with my work shedule (sp?) because it is too dark by the time I get home.
    I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas (yes I said Christmas I am not a politically correct perosn whe it comes to that). And may we all reach our weight lose goals in 2010. :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • MayLan
    Options
    Hi everybody,

I made sure to go to bed at 9:00pm last night so that I could get up this morning to work out. I made it to the gym this morning and worked out for close to 2 hours. I have never attempted to lose weight during the winter, let alone during the holidays. I am so proud of me and also of all of us for doing this.

It is freezing out here in NYC! But I'm all bundled up in the morning when I go to the gym.

We can do this!
  • shutterbug4674
    shutterbug4674 Posts: 3,690 Member
    Options
    Have a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010!!!! Just in case I don't make it on the boards until after the holidays.
  • msh0530
    Options
    Okay, opinion time again. I am considering spending my gift certificates on getting a WII instead of a treadmill. Do you think that would be good exercise? I really know nothing about them.

Oh, and Merry Christmas to all!
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I have heard that the wii fit is a great way to get exercise, and a lot of fun too! I have 3 brothers that own them and they love it! (the wives too of course) My s-i-l says that she gets a great workout and sweats a ton after using it!

• smadag1
    Options
    Debnu1 do you know what games she plays to work up such a sweat?
  • Leigh14
    Options
    msh0530 - I haven't used the Wii Fit, BUT I did play the boxing game for a couple hours with some friends one night. My arms were sore for DAYS!!!! It was SO fun, worked up a sweat and did some serious muscle work. :bigsmile: I don't think it would be something that would get boring. Good luck!!!! Either way, you're making an excellent health choice! :drinker:
  • MayLan
    Options
    I used my sister's wii dance, dance revolution and it was tons of fun! I'm sure any game there will be a work out. I have not used wii fit, it looks great though.

I got my exercise for this morning at the gym and am glad I wasn't the only person at the gym.

Merry Christmas, all!
  • debnu1
    Options
    Debnu1 do you know what games she plays to work up such a sweat?

I believe that it is the active one, where you have the leg strap. It has you do lunges and squats and all sorts of stuff. She actually said it is hard to walk up the stairs after all that. It sounds fun, but I have never actually used it.
  • Taradise
    Taradise Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hello Blues!

I have been totally out of it the past two weeks in soooo many ways.... but I wanted to get back on MFP and wish you all a happy holiday. AND I promise to get back into gear. I've been pretty bad lately and my body is not happy with me either. I'm going to enjoy the Christmas Holiday with my husband, but I'm gonna get back into the gym over the weekend to feel better.

Missed your motivation blues! Have a safe and happy holiday.
  • msh0530
    Options
    I think maybe I am going to go with the Wii fit, and probably get it Monday or Tuesday. We'll see how many times I change my mind between now and then. :wink:

And now, let me wish you all a very Merry Christmas! I pray God's blessing be on all of you and your families during this wonderful season.
  • debnu1
    Options
    Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! I am jumping on the bandwagon big time today. Planning menus and such. I want to get to where I can lose at least that lb a week if not two with out cardiovascular exercise. It might be difficult, bur right now I feel so junky, :sick: like the junk I have eaten that I am ready for that change. I am going to start this morning with the pyramid upper body---get my arms feeling stronger again, and drink my water. I am going to take myself on today!! :wink:

I wish you all the best!