What do Polish, Welsh people look like?

Options
ZiezieO
ZiezieO Posts: 228 Member
Funny, I went into a family diner and this little old lady told me I had very Polish lips and nose and a very Welsh and Irish shape of my face... I'm not sure I've ever been able to pick out these features on anyone else or what makes them stand out of a crowd... but the lady was right, I am.

Please help me with a description/pictures!

Replies

• terrara715
    terrara715 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    <
    3/4 Polish :) 1/4 Czech
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    The last ones I saw were covered in skin and hair. All sorts of colors too.
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    100% Polish. The wide slovac faces, light eyes.. I can always pick out a fellow Pole.
  • ALittleHighALittleLow
    Options
    Well, I am Welsh and my father was Polish, maybe I should post a picture so you can see what that mix is like!
  • ZiezieO
    ZiezieO Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I don't know what I look like I am... I get lots of freckles in the summer and really pale in the winter... my hair went from black at birth to white blonde and progressively got darker after elementary school and now is dark ashy brown (naturally) I have brown eyes and kind of a narrow face and a big forehead and a fat bottom lip... name those genes ;P I just don't think I've ever met someone that could be classified as a typical Polish person, etc.
  • FatStoatLondon
    FatStoatLondon Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Funny, I went into a family diner and this little old lady told me I had very Polish lips and nose and a very Welsh and Irish shape of my face... I'm not sure I've ever been able to pick out these features on anyone else or what makes them stand out of a crowd... but the lady was right, I am.

What a very rude old lady!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    What country someone comes from has absolutely no effect and is no indication of what they look like.
  • FatStoatLondon
    FatStoatLondon Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    What country someone comes from has absolutely no effect and is no indication of what they look like.

I totally agree. It's verging on racism, IMO.
  • gertudejekyl
    gertudejekyl Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a funny/eccentric lady !:indifferent:
  • casperuk
    casperuk Posts: 195 Member
    Options

What did the little old lady look like? Bet she looked racist, you can just tell the ones who are, they look the same. Maybe she thought you had leeks in your pocket or were a typically hard worker and so were Welsh/Polish.

Thats how it works isn't it? All Welsh people walk round with Leek's on their person and the Poles are hard workers.

I know this because a little old lady told me.

Polish lips...hahaha. WTF. If you see her again kick her in the shins, tell her its from me.
  • Mandie69
    Mandie69 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am half polish quarter American and quarter English.....I can honestly say that I know what she means about the Polish side....it's the nose and the mouth...you can pick us out of a crowd anywhere lol!!!
    Not sure about the welsh...will have to take a better look at my step children!!
  • casperuk
    casperuk Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I am half polish quarter American and quarter English.....I can honestly say that I know what she means about the Polish side....it's the nose and the mouth...you can pick us out of a crowd anywhere lol!!!
    Not sure about the welsh...will have to take a better look at my step children!!

I work with about 30 polish people and they all look different, and whisper it, some of them are black! Shhhhh
  • FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Welsh or "celts" traditionally have more rugged features, this is also true of the Scot's & Irish.
  • Le_Joy
    Le_Joy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    SnailTrailzz - Love your picture on your weight loss ticker. But now I have that stupid song stuck in my head!
  • TaylorMonet
    Options
    I'm 1/4 polish (back when Poland was Prussia) 1/4 irish and 2/4's african american but none of my family on my mother's side have any specific characteristics that classify them as Polish or Irish... The only thing that I have in common with what you said is that I have freckles across my nose that tend to become more prominent in the sun, but I'm sure that that's how most people are.
  • TaylorMonet
    Options
    Like me xD
  • sarahlucydaynes26
    Options
    Hello...

I have a ` Greek nose ` , tanned skin, black hair and green eyes... Does that mean I am part Greek and part Czech??? Nope! I am from a country where I am very proud to be from and on a journey with my weight and health issues which I THINK most of us are on??
    You cannot define where someone is from by their features etc x
  • Katmiller73
    Katmiller73 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm 1/2 Polish, and the other half is Scott-Irish, German, Cherokee Indian. I look exactly like my 100% Polish mother, aunts and grandmother There is a look. also a body type in my case, pear shaped. got to love genetics!
  • emaildianeb
    emaildianeb Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Okay...what am I? :happy:
  • lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm half welsh, half austrian...face DEFINITELY looks Austrian...size definitely welsh...we are on the short side. I don't think there is a typical welsh face, though...just tend not to be overly tall or olive-skinned.