Please don't attack me- I just want support/ advice

Options

Replies

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    In order to be a good mom you need to look after yourself first.

If he is very sick it would be different, but I think you should go. The snuggle up in the afternoon and have a sick day 'movie'.

^^This. You must take care of yourself first, I completely agree with this post. Good luck! I hope you have a great day tomorrow and that your son gets better soon!

I agree. I used to have an eating disorder and it's not something to ignore. You are as important as your son and since you have people to take care of him, I think you should take your needs seriously.
  • mmoyer1978
    mmoyer1978 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Go to your appointment. You need to get well so that you can be the best mom possible. You're not just helping yourself by working on you, you're helping your son have a mom who can be at her best for him. Go to your appointment.
  • windchime95
    Options
    LET the people who offered to care for your child CARE FOR HIM. You can't be all THAT TERRIBLE IF YOU SOUGHT OUT CARE For him since the illness is not requiring hospitalization. GO TO YOUR MEETING so that you can get and stay healthy and be around for a long time for you, him etc. I'll say a prayer for you too.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I hope your appointment went well!!

Even if you didn't have a sitter to watch him, I would have been very tempted to put one of those hosptial masks on him and taken him. This is an important appointment for you. You need to go.
  • TerraGirl17
    TerraGirl17 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone here, you have to take care of you so that you can take care of him. As a mom I can completely understand where you are coming from but if he is just starting to get sick and its nothing really serious I think you should go to your appointments. You have relaible people who will care for him and you won't be gone all day.

Also, I just wanted to say your a very brave and inspiring person to be able to admit that you have an eating disorder and take actions to work on fixing it, I know its a very hard road(one of my best friends has been struggling with this for years and only admitted recently that she has a problem). So on the note, be VERY proud of yourself and good luck on your journey!!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    go to your appointment. you have people who have offered to look after him and like you said he'll probably be sleep the entire time anyway.

^ This.
  • 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I hope you did go to the appointment and that it went well! I also hope that your son will feel better soon.
    A big hug to both of you.
  • ShaunaLaNee
    ShaunaLaNee Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    A sincere congratulations on getting treatment for an ED, the choice to do so is something most people sadly do not make. If your kid can SAFELY stay with people whom you trust. let them and take care of you. You can't take care of him if you are dead from an ED, and it is that serious:) Good luck, and best wishes too you!
  • indygal76
    indygal76 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Go to your appt. You have people willing to watch & care for your son.
  • oceanbigwater
    Options
    When an airplane is about to crash or lose cabin pressure the life-saving oxygen masks fall and you are always instructed to secure YOUR mask first, that is so you can then save your child's life or look after them and give them the best shot at survival.....If you are not safe your child will not be either. Good luck, get help ;) god bless you.
  • cameralinds
    cameralinds Posts: 239
    Options
    Without this treatment for your eating disorder, you cannot be your best self for your son. Your son deserves to have his mommy healthy and happy, and healthy. Did I mention healthy? Developmentally speaking, unless it is a trauma of some sort, children do no typically remember much from before they were 5. Your son won't remember you taking that one Friday when he was home away from him. Remember, you need to be your best self for you and for your son. And if you have that many people offering to watch him for you, I say he (and you) have a pretty great support group around... after all, it takes a village to raise a child. Take all the help you can get!
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    go to your appointment. you have people who have offered to look after him and like you said he'll probably be sleep the entire time anyway.

I agree with this - you'll be as quick as you reasonably can be & there are parent substitutes offering their support. Go & do what you need to do, Lachlan will be fine - well no worse - in their care. Be well! :flowerforyou:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You have responsible people who love you and your able to help out. Take their help and go to your treatment. Really, it's OK. Your son would want that if he was old enough to understand.
  • Fitgranny1
    Fitgranny1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else! Take care of yourself first. I am saying a prayer for you and your son. Lord we ask in your name for complete healing for this special lady and her beautiful son. You know just what they need. Be with them both. Thank you. In Jesus name Amen.
  • smithy85
    smithy85 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Appointments, take care of yourself hunnix
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Now I've read through all the responses I'm so glad they were unanimous & in favour of going. I hope your appointments went well and that you're both getting better on your own timetables. Wishing you both well *hugs*
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options

If he is very sick it would be different, but I think you should go. The snuggle up in the afternoon and have a sick day 'movie'.

This. And as others have reminded you, you have people to help look after your son. *hugs*
  • mazasmusings
    mazasmusings Posts: 74 Member
    Options

This is pretty much what I spend half my life telling me sister. Who will end up caring for him if you end up really sick or worse? Take care of yourself.
  • MassObserver
    MassObserver Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Please go to your appts. He will be fine and you are a good mother. Most people wouldnt even think twice. :)
  • Elizadolots
    Elizadolots Posts: 178
    Options
    As long as someone is with him all the time, I can't see why you should cancel. He knows the babysitter well, he is in no danger because he has got a responsible adult with him whom you trust. Go get yourself sorted, that is really important as well.

Good luck, hope it'll be allright for you all. :flowerforyou: