So I woke up thismorning. .

Options
and it seems like all the rain we've been getting here in PA has transfered into water retention, making it look like I've gained five pounds. >:( Anyone know any ways to combat this?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,398 MFP Moderator
    Options
    and it seems like all the rain we've been getting here in PA has transfered into water retention, making it look like I've gained five pounds. >:( Anyone know any ways to combat this?
    Drinking water, low sodium and relax.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    What psulemon said....drink water, and try to keep your sodium low.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    patience. I retain water everytime I exercise. One thing I've learned to do is not exercise the day I weigh in. Because I weigh in at about 4pm with a nutritionist I don't want to have the water I'm holding be an issue. I wish I could get a morning appointment, but she isn't available then.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    move to Arizona. It never rains there.
  • MommaFuhrer
    MommaFuhrer Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I live in PA too and I've had this same problem for the last week :ohwell:
  • emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    hot water and a slice of lemon... works like a charm
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options

One of the worse rain storms I have even seen was in Arizona back in 1970. I am thinking that this was just some freaky event. We couldn't even drive in it...had to pull over. Not saying that you are wrong, but just that I did experience this and had to laugh at your reply.
  • dawson55510
    dawson55510 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Vitamin C is a good natural duretic
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

One of the worse rain storms I have even seen was in Arizona back in 1970. I am thinking that this was just some freaky event. We couldn't even drive in it...had to pull over. Not saying that you are wrong, but just that I did experience this and had to laugh at your reply.

yes...that was the last time it rained in Arizona. The following day everyone in the state gained 5 pounds. They still talk about it.
  • hlw5112
    hlw5112 Posts: 33
    Options
    Ah, thanks everybody.
  • AngelAtkins61
    AngelAtkins61 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Definitely drink water , at least 8 glasses daily! And the lemon (which surprised me when I read it) actually does help you lose weight!
    Im in PA here too.. NE PA. I have never noticed what you mention myself but I am constantly drinking water. If I forget my water when I go out I get so upset!