Saboteurs

Options
I have been having issues recently with saboteurs. Most I feel are well meaning or just being thoughtless, but it’s really tripping me up. Serving me way to large of portions or making food offers that are way out of my cals for the day. And at this point I’m having a really hard time saying no. I hate having to constantly remind everyone that I’m changing my life and becoming a healthy person. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips to stay strong when this comes along or things to say to stop them from pushing the food on me. I can’t just cut these people out of my life. Thanks!

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    It's hard to get past that point of turning away foods you once ate and the quantity. I still eat what I like, but in moderation and smaller amounts. Nicely tell everyone one more time that you are trying to be healthy and to respect that, because otherwise they will only make it harder for you. You can do this, just stay strong!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    you dont have to do either extreme. you dont have to explain anything to anyone and you dont have to cut anyone out of your life. simply say you arent hungry right now or you already ate or whatever.
  • fromfattytohealthy
    fromfattytohealthy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have been having issues recently with saboteurs. Most I feel are well meaning or just being thoughtless, but it’s really tripping me up. Serving me way to large of portions or making food offers that are way out of my cals for the day. And at this point I’m having a really hard time saying no. I hate having to constantly remind everyone that I’m changing my life and becoming a healthy person. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips to stay strong when this comes along or things to say to stop them from pushing the food on me. I can’t just cut these people out of my life. Thanks!

Serve yourself maybe?

Personally, when family tries to put me down with the healthy eating habits, I just look at their plates, cringe, and continue being awesome :smile:
  • MassObserver
    MassObserver Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys !
  • blondie6688
    Options
    I try and think of my goals... maybe have a pic of your goal on your phone? Mine is my Victoria Secret bikini!!

Nothing tastes as good as being sexy feels... or being healthy... fill in your own blank here .

I do have a cheat meal every week. I read that it jump started your metabolism?? It keeps me SANE lol, on track and it gives me something to look forward to.