How to look like THIS.? -pictures included-

Options
12346»

Replies

• lisaelainee
    lisaelainee Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Did anyone ever stop to think that op knows she can't look exactly like the model in the pic? Maybe she's looking for some info on how to get some definition? There are plenty of unPS'd women on this site that eat and lift that have similar bodies. Way to miss the forest for the trees and be insulting on top of it all.

playing devil's advocate here... OP asked for specific numbers and rules to be set for her. she wanted to know how many minutes a day, what foods to avoid, etc etc. people that have been doing this for a while know there are no magic numbers, and there is no one food to avoid or to definitively have in your diet.

If I knew what exercise to do would I have posted this? No. That's why I asked. I have never tried to tone before and it's hard for an inexperienced person to know what the hell their doing.

i knooooooooooow. didn't i post something on where to get started??

So many people have answers it's hard to remember every single picture next to the advice, I apologize, plus I'm so tired and it's late
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Did anyone ever stop to think that op knows she can't look exactly like the model in the pic? Maybe she's looking for some info on how to get some definition? There are plenty of unPS'd women on this site that eat and lift that have similar bodies. Way to miss the forest for the trees and be insulting on top of it all.

THANKYOU I know I can't look exactly like her, it's better to have a visual goal then none at all. I want my stomache like hers and arms and legs of coarse. I want to be toned. But toned means different to everyone so I posted a picture of what my toned definition is. She is just as beautiful natural, so everyone get over the photoshop thing because it became old QUICKLY.

If she's just as beautiful natural, show us natural. You can't look like the photos you posted because no one on earth can.

Why does she have to show us? It's HER goal and HER inspiration. And like someone else pointed out, I am sure she is aware that there is some editing, along with lighting, positioning, make up etc to make her look likearhat. But you an still have a similar shape, muscle tone, etc.

Gah.My editing screwed up my post. And now autocorrect changed GaH to gay.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Her genetics shaped her body more than her workouts...

Doesn't mean you can't look as good, or better, in your own way
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options

That's not necessarily true. Don't assume. Jaimie Bernhardt is proof of that. She wasn't born with the body that she has. She packed on 30lbs of lean muscle to get the body that she has.

So unless you know for a fact, don't assume that you do.

Btw, your statement is similar to what an overweight person would say about a physically fit person.
  • BoatReadyBody
    Options
    Just my opinon but I think she looks nasty. I think your a doll and should work on looking the best for your own body. Clean lean eating for sure. Cardio and weights.. I have really seen a ton of improvement on myself since I started ripped in 30. you should try it.

Just for the record, the title is "how to look like this?" not "what do you think of how this looks?" There are a lot of women on this site that look just like the OP's goal photos.. would you call them "nasty" to their faces?? Probably not, because that's rude. Each of us has a different goal to reach and desired look, so please keep that in mind before you call someone "nasty" for putting in a lot of hard work and dedication to reach their goals.

OP - Listen to what Sidesteal said - you can get a body like this without eliminating foods you love or training to death. It takes a long time and a lot of work, but you can do it!

Hence the first sentence.. My opinon.
  • dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    For the record, the term Franken-Barbie is kind of insulting. I enjoy wearing hair extensions, loads of makeup, painting my nails, etc.... if someone called me Franken-Miss Piggy, I'd be frucking pissed. And you can bet your *kitten* that if I were doing a photoshoot, I'd be done up to the nines. That's just how I roll. Oftentimes that means I look like my skin has been airbrushed, that's just the way 'photography makeup' works.

And if I had this chick's bod, I'd be posing provocatively in front of a frucking weight machine too. There's nothing wrong or insulting about showing off your body if you want to. Be sexy, be bad *kitten*, and do whatever the fruck you want.

MissKortney, you are my new hero.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options

That's not necessarily true. Don't assume. Jaimie Bernhardt is proof of that. She wasn't born with the body that she has. She packed on 30lbs of lean muscle to get the body that she has.

So unless you know for a fact, don't assume that you do.

Btw, your statement is similar to what an overweight person would say about a physically fit person.

Two people of the same height/weight, same bf%, doing the same routine, and eating the same things aren't going to have the same body. Not sure why this has to inspire vitriol, but I'll accept that either there's something you're not understanding, or you're personally bitter. Do I look overweight to you? Or was your "Btw" just a useless side comment?

PS: I think the inspiration picture is hot, and a great body type to strive for in general.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Just my opinon but I think she looks nasty. I think your a doll and should work on looking the best for your own body. Clean lean eating for sure. Cardio and weights.. I have really seen a ton of improvement on myself since I started ripped in 30. you should try it.

Just for the record, the title is "how to look like this?" not "what do you think of how this looks?" There are a lot of women on this site that look just like the OP's goal photos.. would you call them "nasty" to their faces?? Probably not, because that's rude. Each of us has a different goal to reach and desired look, so please keep that in mind before you call someone "nasty" for putting in a lot of hard work and dedication to reach their goals.

OP - Listen to what Sidesteal said - you can get a body like this without eliminating foods you love or training to death. It takes a long time and a lot of work, but you can do it!

That doesnt make it any less insulting to many many women on this site. Your body shaming opinions are not welcomed here and are against the rules anyway.
    Unless as MissKortney pointed out...you would say this to someone's face. If so then I apologize...and carry on being an awful human being.
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I do know her name, I'm giving it to the people that are genuinely interested.

Yes, I replied to someone who asked you for her name. If she had to ask, I assume she doesn't know it. How she could know how someone whose name she doesn't know looks is still my question.

Well, of course I don't know how she looks in real life as I've never met her. But usually fitness models, from my experience, aren't THAT different from their photoshoots (the ones I've come across, anyways). Of course there is the fake tan (boobs!), and the oil & all of that... but they look pretty amazing in competitions as well... Not saying they look like that all the time, though! ;-) It would be impossible to maintain year round.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

I think you may have misunderstood me - what I'm trying to say is, "Your opinion is nasty."
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all of you for identifying that a magazine photo was retouched digitally. Ya know, it's called marketing.

Sheesh, how many people on this thread have had professional pictures down recently? I mean, you DO know that they retouched and "photoshopped" your family photos, don't you?

Looking at the photos of people on this list that are bashing the ideal, and frankly, I think it's ridiculous. It's obvious that many of you at least moderately touched brightness, contrast, and "auto correct" to "fix" your photo to make it more attractive. We ALL do it. Cropping too.

Professionally, no one is going to put a marketing campaign out there that wasn't 'shopped because no one wants an add that has zits and scars unless it's for ProActiv or Mederma, so get over it.

Besides, I really doubt the OP was saying, I want to be this exact person. She's saying she finds the definition with the softness attractive and wants to emulate it. There is no shame in that.
  • Roxie65
    Roxie65 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I rarely post but I have to say this is the kind of picture I would love to have posted in my gym if I new how to find it and just because one of her boobs is bigger then the other doesn't mean anything my are natural and my left one is bigger then my right one and no its not photoshopped.
  • MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I hear you should try to do lots of dumbbell exercises with light weights (less than 5 lbs) and lots of reps (if you can work your way up to 40-50 reps per set you know you are at a good weight, if you can't do that then drop the weight). This will get you the look you are going for without getting too bulky.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I hear you should try to do lots of dumbbell exercises with light weights (less than 5 lbs) and lots of reps (if you can work your way up to 40-50 reps per set you know you are at a good weight, if you can't do that then drop the weight). This will get you the look you are going for without getting too bulky.

no. this is the most wrong thing ever.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    This is my GOAL.
    What exercises etc do I need to do for how long (eg 30mins) and how many days a week to get my body looking like this?
    Is there any foods I need to try and stay AWAY from?

30 minutes?! Girls like this probably make working out and eating right a full time job - definitely going to take way more than 30 minutes now and then!
  • lisaelainee
    Options
    THANKYOU to everyone that answered and didn't just point out the obvious.
  • lisaelainee
    Options
    This is my GOAL.
    What exercises etc do I need to do for how long (eg 30mins) and how many days a week to get my body looking like this?
    Is there any foods I need to try and stay AWAY from?

30 minutes?! Girls like this probably make working out and eating right a full time job - definitely going to take way more than 30 minutes now and then!

I said eg 30mins for how long to do a specific exercise a day, so people know its a measurement in time in that sense instead of people thinking how long will it take me to look like that.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Start weight lifting.
    I would suggest reading NROL4W (New rules of lifting for women) if you don't know how. You're not going to be able to get a body like that having any kind of calorie deficit in your diet. Count that out now. You're looking to build muscle, which in turn will burn off the fat.
  • lisaelainee
    Options
    Thanks everyone !