I am new to the program

Options
Hello,
My name is Kim and I am looking to see if anyone has seen any big changes to meet their weight goals? I hate being fat and I am tired of having my diabetic tummy. Any suggestions?

Replies

• kzeidler
    kzeidler Posts: 11
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Kim and I am looking to see if anyone has seen any big changes to meet their weight goals? I hate being fat and I am tired of having my diabetic tummy. Any suggestions?
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim, Welcome to the site.

You can do this. Two suggestions I have. Read the posts and second take it a choice at a time.

:bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim!

Welcome! :flowerforyou:

Your goal is very doable & there is so much info & support here to help you on your way.

My best to you! :smile:
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hi Kim & welcome to MFP :smile:

I have been on this site since Jan 7, 08 and I just love it!

My 2 tips are:

1) 2 lbs a week = 104 lbs in 1 yr and/or 52 lbs in 6 months.
    2) log on what you are going to eat BEFORE you eat it, it will help you make better choices.

I want to wish you the very best and know you can do it :drinker:

I don't know if you know but you can click on the names of people who respond to see the success they have had.
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you! Stay true to yourself and what you eat and drink and do your best to stay within the nutritional limits you set up on here and get in some exercise.....you can do this!
  • amandadanda
    amandadanda Posts: 15
    Options
    I was at a leadership program on Wednesday and I heard some pretty inspiring information. One of the things I continue to repeat in my head during tough swim workouts or when I see my best friend eating a cookie and I also would love to eat one is ....Your comfort zone is finite and your uncomfortable zone is infinite...tackling one problem at a time will increase your comfort zone and increase your chances of success when facing a new problem.

Its a different outlook on life trying to overcome these little things so that when I am faced with something seemingly impossible(like losing 25 lbs.) I know deep down I can do it, with set backs or not. Just remember to take on these challenges life gives you, for you will become a greater being because of it. Don't just focus on weight loss, focus on everything and give it your all for your more likely to give it your all to your lifestyle change as well.

Everyday will be easier and everytime you overcome even the simplest of battles (those fresh baked desserts or carbo loaded italian dishes) the big picture becomes more and more clear. get excited this is your life and your changing it inside and out! You can do it!