Hypothetically, a tattoo...

Options
AngryDiet
AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
... in fact, a first casually visible tattoo on a male... at what age would that be considered a mid-life crisis event?

Replies

• juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I think it's only that if you get a playboy bunny or your 19 year old girl friend name

Go for it!
  • Arredondo145
    Arredondo145 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My mom got her 1st at 50... just make it a kick *kitten* tatt and you will be fine!
  • iloveforeign
    Options
    Never! It's your body, it's the only thing you enter the world owning, and the only thing you ever truly own during your life... Do with it what makes you happy :)
  • AngryDiet
    Options
    Never! It's your body, it's the only thing you enter the world owning, and the only thing you ever truly own during your life... Do with it what makes you happy :)

Would it be TMI if I said that I do...?

:)
  • LadyAmy20
    LadyAmy20 Posts: 137
    Options
    this is off topic, but OP, your profile pic gives me the creeps... I can't look away!!!
  • AngryDiet
    Options
    I can tell that you weren't fooled. It's not necessarily a hypothetical question after all. I'm asking for my friend...
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Mine was at 37. The only reason my wife was OK with it was because it had her and the kids in the tattoo.....
  • Deedles2012
    Deedles2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options

Very well said! :wink:
  • iloveforeign
    Options
    Lol! I guess I kinda walked into that one! And here I was trying to be all deep and stuff! My boyfriend is a tattoo artist and old lady >70 years old recently came into the shop and got a dolphin tattooed on her arm. Never to old too make changes!
  • AngryDiet
    Options
    Mine was at 37. The only reason my wife was OK with it was because it had her and the kids in the tattoo.....

LOL, I .. .I mean my friend... wouldn't do that. He sees enough of them as it is!
  • ljmesa23
    ljmesa23 Posts: 9
    Options
    I got my first one at 30 and my fiance got his first one at 41....like everyone else says...it's your body - do what'cha want with it! ;)
  • MichelleB1427
    Options
    I say go for it! I know tons of people who look at my tattoos and say, "You know what that's going to look like when you're 70?" And I say, Well it's my life, my body, and My story! Every tattoo I have represents where I was at that point in my life. I say go for it, no matter how old you are! If you want it, DO IT! :wink:
  • MENichols5
    MENichols5 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    My dad just got his first one on his upper arm at the age of 53...he works out really hard and has huge biceps so he's been wanting to get a nice tattoo to show them off and he loves it :laugh: I'm getting my first one in a few weeks but I'm only 23 :smile:
  • MichelleB1427
    Options
    Ugh, now I want another one! I've been wanting another for quite sometime!! I am hoping I will get one as my wedding gift from my Fiance! lol. One can only hope.
  • amberrenae1
    Options
    My husband and I both got our first one at 35 and by next ones at 39. As long as its not a superman tattoo your all good!
  • AngryDiet
    Options
    OK OK it's me!

I was thinking of something on my lower leg. Basically below the knee level to ankle. As a reward to myself when I reach my target weight and then put on a few pounds of muscle.

I haven't decided on a design. Something personal... but since I'm easily amused I have to be careful!
  • jiddu17
    jiddu17 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I think it has more to do with what tattoo you are getting.

If you get a douche tattoo, 30.
    A sentimental one, never.
    Sleeves and murals, 40.
    Nekkid ladies or gambling - 50
  • AngryDiet
    Options
    I think it has more to do with what tattoo you are getting.

If you get a douche tattoo, 30.
    A sentimental one, never.
    Sleeves and murals, 40.
    Nekkid ladies or gambling - 50

Whew! That gives me some time left on my back tattoo!
  • LisAllum
    LisAllum Posts: 55
    Options
    I LOVE the Weeping Angels! Scariest Doctor Who ever! *high 5*.

Now, about tattoos, I think you.. I mean your friend... Should do whatever *they* like! I am currently sporting 22 of my very own and have quite a few more planned! I think the only thing I would consider a crisis during middle age would be to STOP wanting yet another tattoo LOL. Life is too short to worry about *should I, shouldn't I*. Go get one, enjoy it! Plan more! (cause if you have one.. you will want another one! They are VERY addictive!)

And, as my tattooist says to every person who has theyir first *One more of us, one less of them* ... grins
  • AngryDiet
    Options
    Thanks for the comments all!
    (cause if you have one.. you will want another one! They are VERY addictive!)

I know I wasn't being clear. I already have a back tattoo... it's just not the sort of thing that's liable to be seen (or should be seen, if I'm honest) by friends, coworkers, etc.