Please understand...

Options
Ray50296
Ray50296 Posts: 58 Member
Just so everyone knows..I add up the calories I burn doing daily routine things as well as Exercise, which I just began a routine of. Being a full time student/mother/wife/ and caretaker of my grandmother keeps me very active. I've only started an exercise regimen since I joined MFP, and I Really needed to cut back on my eating. I am strong as an ox, but I am overweight and out of shape. So please don't hate on me when my profile says I was washing dishes or sitting studying. That kind of stuff does burn calories, but my eating and exercising are newly changed! I really am losing weight and my clothes are getting a bit looser. So please take me seriously. I need the support and I enjoy helping others to reach their goals too. I have always dealt with weight problems and low self esteem. I know how it is. I lost 85 pounds before and kept it off for 2 years, so I KNOW I can do it again! Thanks for the support and kind words. (and Listening to me rant)

Replies

• rachellanae11
    Options
    I totally support you mama....anything and everything we do burns calories and even more so for the women that have children running around with them is a workout in itself! people fail to understand that our body naturally burns calories even if we sat on the couch all day so I say go for it log EVERYTHING!!! and dont worry if someone doesnt like it your not here to please them your here for yourself and your health so if no one likes it just know that I am behind you 100%!!!! Your doing great mama keep it up!!!
  • Ray50296
    Options
    I totally support you mama....anything and everything we do burns calories and even more so for the women that have children running around with them is a workout in itself! people fail to understand that our body naturally burns calories even if we sat on the couch all day so I say go for it log EVERYTHING!!! and dont worry if someone doesnt like it your not here to please them your here for yourself and your health so if no one likes it just know that I am behind you 100%!!!! Your doing great mama keep it up!!!
    Thank you so much for supporting me!! And you're right, it's for me not everyone else. I just didn't want everyone thinking I'm a slacker from my workout posts...but it Really doesn't matter!
    Thanks again and I'm with you for support too!! I read that you take Phentermine..Does that help you? How hard is it to get a Rx of it? I'm Bi-polar so they might not want to give it to me..but some of the meds I take are what has put some of this weight on me. Wondering...
  • carrieblue052
    carrieblue052 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Welcome, we won't judge, if you need support or anyone else add me as a friend
  • Ray50296
    Options
    thank you and I will! :happy:
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options

agreed, esp if its new to you. When I first started on here, I counted everything, because the old me would not do a whole lot, but the new me does and does it when it needs to be done. I'll send you a friend request.
  • Ray50296
    Options
    Thank you! I accepted :smile:
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    You've lost 9 pounds....you are doing something right! :flowerforyou:
  • Ray50296
    Options
    Yes, I must be..lol. I plan to lose around 60 more! I have done it before and I Can Do It Again!
  • teletubbie87
    teletubbie87 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I know it might be hard when people put you down, but let me tell you something, things get a lot easier
    when you think of yourself and your health first... Some people, is sad to say, love to put others down specially
    when they see you succeeding or being happy. They are like the fallen tree when you are driving through the forest,
    but you need to learn that you are stronger than that and there is ALWAYS a way through. Always look forward to hearing
    the compliments on how great you are doing, and strive for more results, don't settle before you've reached your goal.

You can do it! Only you know what to do, and best of luck with the food cravings. It is challenging to see others eat fast food
    or unhealthy foods.. But before you fall into temptation, close your eyes and picture yourself being thin and healthy.... Is that food going to get you there? NOO! Then don't eat it... It will only hold you back, and you don't want to fall behind.. You want to move forward and look the best you've ever looked...

Blessings!
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    NoahandPresleysMom Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    aw i dont think anyone here would judge you!! I know what it's like. Mine usually says running after 3 year old LOL
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesome!! Calories burned are calories burned. :) You already lost 9 lbs, you are doing fine. :) Add me of you want :)
  • Ray50296
    Options
    I know it might be hard when people put you down, but let me tell you something, things get a lot easier
    when you think of yourself and your health first... Some people, is sad to say, love to put others down specially
    when they see you succeeding or being happy. They are like the fallen tree when you are driving through the forest,
    but you need to learn that you are stronger than that and there is ALWAYS a way through. Always look forward to hearing
    the compliments on how great you are doing, and strive for more results, don't settle before you've reached your goal.

You can do it! Only you know what to do, and best of luck with the food cravings. It is challenging to see others eat fast food
    or unhealthy foods.. But before you fall into temptation, close your eyes and picture yourself being thin and healthy.... Is that food going to get you there? NOO! Then don't eat it... It will only hold you back, and you don't want to fall behind.. You want to move forward and look the best you've ever looked...

Blessings!
    You are so right and that's a great way to think/look at it! Thanks :flowerforyou:
  • Ray50296
    Options
    I'm glad to see "humans" here. We all feel and know what's it's like to be put down or looked down upon. I appreciate the comments and the "no judging" also! It just seemed weird that all of my fitness posts were crazy things. It has been sounding like I never move from the couch! lol. I guess I just needed to know if anyone else's posts were similar (or their stories.) Thanks so much y'all, and I also sent y'all friend requests. :happy:
  • pberta
    pberta Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You have my support. Everything adds up, Keep up the good work.
  • rukus1
    rukus1 Posts: 112
    Options
    No haters here, you have your "plate" full. Being a caretaker for a grandparent is a noble but challenging thing to do. Good luck on your journey!
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    people fail to understand that our body naturally burns calories even if we sat on the couch all day so I say go for it log EVERYTHING!!! and dont worry if someone doesnt like it your not here to please them your here for yourself and your health so if no one likes it just know that I am behind you 100%!!!! Your doing great mama keep it up!!!

People also fail to understand that MFP already builds in a deficit for sitting on the couch all day...or sitting and studying.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    And I'm not intending on putting anyone down.

But if you are going by the calorie goal MFP has given you then the deficit for sitting & studying is already built in. So if you log XXXX calories burned studying then you're basically logging it twice. If you then eat those calories back you've blown your whole day.
  • 2big4menow
    Options
    I support you and your activies, you see I too am a wife, a motherand a daughter that cares full-time for my ailing mother and have been doing so for six years, that's how I put this weight on! I forgot to take care of myself while I've been busy caring for everyone around me. All of your daily activities count. Sometimes I wear a "step meter" and its suprising how many steps are taken around the house, not to mention all of the lifting! Keep up the good work!
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    And I'm not intending on putting anyone down.

But if you are going by the calorie goal MFP has given you then the deficit for sitting & studying is already built in. So if you log XXXX calories burned studying then you're basically logging it twice. If you then eat those calories back you've blown your whole day.

This is true. To my new friend (OP) :flowerforyou:....I wouldn't log the studying. Just my opinion!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    No hate from me. :flowerforyou:

You have a lot going on. I think no matter what place you are in this journey you need support and that goes for all of us. We are here :drinker: