Wife stuck at weight loss plateau for 4 months!!

Options
1235»

Replies

• Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    This helped me: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Fabulous job so far! (And I think you two are an awesome couple!)
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    try switching up the diet and cutting out all grains and flour products. try the paleo diet, it may help.
  • thepanttherlady
    thepanttherlady Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Her TDEE is 2600cal/day and according to her calorie intake she has an 8k calorie deficit each week.

I'm not a professional but it seems an 8k calorie weekly deficit seems awfully high. Losing 2 lbs a week would be a 7k weekly calorie deficit. With the amount she's exercising/working out the calories just don't appear to be enough.

So as others have suggested, eat more!

Good luck!
  • freemoney45
    freemoney45 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses! Hopefully this will help her accomplish her goals and also assist me being that I've hit a weight loss plateau. But luckily I had a knee injury to blame it on.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I loved being a stay at home mom (I cheated and worked from home) and it was my skinniest points ever. And both my kids - one now 24, one 13 are skinny, skinny, skinny and have better eating habits than I ever do.

We were dead broke at the time. Because of that we had to eat lots of beans, lentils, and unprocessed foods. You can fill up a grocery cart with yams, turnips, greens, legumes, and whole wheat pasta. Cheese seems expensive but goes far. A whole chicken cooked in a slow cooker is good for a bunch of meals - a fancy dinner, two days of soup, and chicken salad.

Enjoy your time at home and take that time with your kids to find a long term healthy way to eat and live. Those were the only years where I had enough time to bake all my own bread. My kids loved punching down the dough!
  • mdtolen
    mdtolen Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    To all you crazies that said I needed to eat less, well I uped my calories to 1700a day from 1200 and guess what?? Lost 2.4lbs this week
  • mdtolen
    mdtolen Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    And also to all those with the great advice thank you. Finally broke that plateau and I'm full and feel better! So thank you!
  • L4gym
    L4gym Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    She spoke wih a personal trainer at the gym who told her to eat 6 times a day and to mix up her routines and to cut out starches for a week to boost fat loss.
    Would it be better to not care about my wife's dietary needs?? What a moron.

I approve this message.
  • L4gym
    L4gym Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses! Hopefully this will help her accomplish her goals and also assist me being that I've hit a weight loss plateau. But luckily I had a knee injury to blame it on.

Let us know what you decide to do, and how well it worked. I'm kinda in the same situation ready do Paleo diet to give me a boost, but I'd much rather not. lol
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! I'm glad you upped your calories. The point is get healthy not starve :wink: . I agree with the weight lifting and seeing if you are losing inches instead of pounds. Are your clothes getting loser?

I lost weight on 1700 cals, weight lifting and cardio. I'm now maintaining at 1900.

BTW, you are such a cute couple! :smile:

I do like this quote : The body is a furnace; fuel it up and burn hot! Whoo hoo!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2kBIebvd5lslq9s7kYN0xNq3DvKe4I-MABNEF9ubywnQe7KMW
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options

I wonder if she's been in a two year plateau now.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

I wonder if she's been in a two year plateau now.

And did they make their 30 day goal of clean eating? Or did they decide to stretch it to 430 days???

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/923341-clean-eating

C'mon, people...I need closure here!
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    This sounds a lot like me. I'm going to try lowering my calories (nothing too crazy, though), and lower the amount of carbs I eat.

Dummy didn't look at the date before I responded. Gotta go get the hook outta my mouth - excuse me....
  • cricket_77
    cricket_77 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    First of all, are you POSITIVE you are only eating 1200 calories a day? People always seem to jump to "you need to eat more". But first, we need to understand whether or not you are actually weighing your food or if you are simply estimating the calories you are consuming. If you are not weighing your food, then you could actually be eating more than what you think. If you are eating more than what you think and then you throw in a day where you "think" you are consuming around 3000 calories, then you could actually be eating at maintenance or even in a surplus.