fiveohmike
fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
I do. TOO Much heh

Anyone want to get a MFP league going?

Replies

• Fatal1ty2k5
    Fatal1ty2k5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I am in a $100 league this year. Did a free once last year and came in 2nd without putting in any effort. Figured I won't actually get "into" it until I put some money on the line to make it interesting.

Pretty sure I am going to come in dead last or close to it lol.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Guilty.
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    OMG. LOVE. Can't wait for it to start. Since I'm a teacher and have 3 weeks of vacation left, may do some research before the draft. I won league one year, hubs won one too, but it's been a few seasons drought for us.

Excited!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,598 Member
    Options
    Since 1989. We used to have to get the stats from the paper on Monday and Tuesday and calculate it. Back then it was just all based on TD's thrown, caught, and ran along with 100 yard rushing, 100 yards receiving and 300 yards throwing. That was it.

I've played every year since then and have won 10 championships.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I'm a fantasy sport fanatic! I've narrowed down my leagues to football, college football and baseball, though. My wife is thankful for this.
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    (((HANDS UP IN THE AIR)))

I do year round fantasy sports. Football, baseball & basketball. <3. Feel free to message me anytime about a league. I love winning new leagues. Brash GM here.
  • ccburn5
    ccburn5 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I did about years in a row but that has been about years ago. I would love to get one going here and my nephew has already asked me as well.
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I never did until I met my husband. His family does it every year. But I don't really do it. My husband moves my team members around and stuff. LOL. I got the "toilet bowl" trophy the first 2 years and ALMOST won last year.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Hmmm we should get a league going

With the losers having to post a profile pic of something of the winning GM's choosing for a month.

Sounds like a friendly bet.

What do you think?
  • kjones3535
    kjones3535 Posts: 139
    Options
    I love playing fantasy football. My husband is the commish of our league. I won it two years ago and came in second last year (I hate that I couldnt defend the title...thanks Tony Romo for fake hurting your hand, lol).

We are getting the directv sunday ticket so we can watch the games at home this year.
  • aotto87
    aotto87 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Count me in for sure!
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I love fantasy football. The first year I did the dumb girl thing and only drafted players from my favorite team. I am much smarter now!:bigsmile:
  • EyeLikeTacos
    EyeLikeTacos Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I am in two leagues...but I hate Fantasy football now...I miss the good ol days when you had to REALLY research and know your stuff...now there are 50 t.v. shows and radio shows that give you all the little nuggets I use to have to work hard to find...so I have seen people who still think Brett Farve is in the leauge win...because they just watch or listen to Fantasy pointer shows to get their help...Took the real strategy out of it....

I am bitter cause I had clueless non football fans win in my leagues recently.. :angry:
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    I do. I'm in one league, but I've got the bandwidth for another if you start one up.
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I am in two leagues...but I hate Fantasy football now...I miss the good ol days when you had to REALLY research and know your stuff...now there are 50 t.v. shows and radio shows that give you all the little nuggets I use to have to work hard to find...so I have seen people who still think Brett Farve is in the leauge win...because they just watch or listen to Fantasy pointer shows to get their help...Took the real strategy out of it....

I am bitter cause I had clueless non football fans win in my leagues recently.. :angry:

Like the people that pick players because they are "cute" or they have a "cute" name. Grrr.
  • EyeLikeTacos
    Options

Like the people that pick players because they are "cute" or they have a "cute" name. Grrr.

don't get me started on that...I had a friend pick a team based soely on what school they went to...he didn't win...but he picked a crappy player over a solid player..thus leaving the next person to pick a good player so he had a crappy squad and the guy who picked after him cleaned house
  • tarynnmichelle
    tarynnmichelle Posts: 27 Member
    Options

Teach me your wise ways sister! I'm in a league for the first time this year and have no idea where to even start for my draft picks! :frown:
  • EyeLikeTacos
    Options

Teach me your wise ways sister! I'm in a league for the first time this year and have no idea where to even start for my draft picks! :frown:

You will probably win!
  • hyndsie
    hyndsie Posts: 22
    Options
    we have a league at work! i love it! if you set up a league for here let me join pleaseeeeeeeeeee lol
  • GidgetW
    GidgetW Posts: 23
    Options
    I love fantasy football. If you decide to do it count me in.