VENTING!

Options
When will people realize that there is NO MAGIC PILL!!!! It seriously pisses me off when people think they can just pop a pill and it is going to make them lose all this weight? Sure you might lose some weight at first, but in the end it will all come back plus some. I have gained so much weight over the years from taking diet pills. I am totally against them now. They are taking the easy way out. Results are only temporary!! Why can't people see this?!!? I am proud to say that I am earning my body! All of the 48 pounds I have lost came from PAIN and SWEAT!!!!
Ok I am done venting now! :)

Replies

• mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

some ppl will never learn. Keep doing what you're doing and enjoy every minute of it!
  • anna0478
    anna0478 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    That's my frustration with my sister. She's been taking some pill and the weight has come off tremendously. What is going to happen when she gets pregnant again and can't take the pill anymore? She's going to gain all that weight back plus.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Amen.
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    You will get this a lot. Someone asked me recently what I did to look this way, I told them, and they flat out said,"No way I can do that."
    Sorry you didn't like my answer, but what did you think I did?
  • sunkis1769
    sunkis1769 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    That's my frustration with my sister. She's been taking some pill and the weight has come off tremendously. What is going to happen when she gets pregnant again and can't take the pill anymore? She's going to gain all that weight back plus.

Exactly! People have to learn how to do it the right way or it will never last. People just need to suck it up, bend their elbows a little less and move more!!!! I have a friend who is trying to sell these diet pills. She has lost 20 pounds on them, and is trying to be a "role model" to sell these pills. I do not think a role model is someone who is just putting a pill in their mouth!! I am ticked because I have been busting my *kitten* in the gym doing it the right way. I hit a wall in my weight loss and it is just frustrating!!!
  • jibbala
    jibbala Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I dropped 40 lbs (trying to lose the few I gained back now!) after I finished my masters degree and before I got married. I will never forget my MIL cornering me at Thanksgiving and DEMANDING to know what I was "on" to lose weight. I told her absolutely nothing...I was running 35-50 miles a week and counting calories and it was HARD work. She refused to believe me and to this day thinks my husband and I are "hiding" something from her and wont tell her because we dont want her to get in shape.

Some people dont want to put in the time and effort.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who is doing ACE. She says she can't do it my way, no willpower. Also says she will probably never stop taking it. Who wants to be on somehting forever that isn't needed!
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    You will get this a lot. Someone asked me recently what I did to look this way, I told them, and they flat out said,"No way I can do that."
    Sorry you didn't like my answer, but what did you think I did?

So true. When I sing the praises of MFP people will say what is it. I say just a food diary that tracks what you eat. They get disappointed that it isn't some miracle weight loss program. When I say I diet and exercise I hear crickets and get the dumbest looks like why would you do it that way...
  • fay_pigu
    fay_pigu Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    So true. When I sing the praises of MFP people will say what is it. I say just a food diary that tracks what you eat. They get disappointed that it isn't some miracle weight loss program. When I say I diet and exercise I hear crickets and get the dumbest looks like why would you do it that way...

Ahhhh but when you show them MFP, they fall over and say is that all?
  • sunkis1769
    sunkis1769 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who is doing ACE. She says she can't do it my way, no willpower. Also says she will probably never stop taking it. Who wants to be on somehting forever that isn't needed!

That is what my friend is taking. She is posting on faceboook how great its working, and I have people asking ME about it. It really pisses me off. I'm sorry but you cannot take a diet pill forever. That cannot be good for your body. To me it is just masking the problem, and eventually it will catch up. I never had much will power myself, that is why I caved to diet pills in the past. I now see how much that hurts your metabolism.