Mom's and Dad's looking for support

Options

Replies

• GordonDance
    GordonDance Posts: 29 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I definately do lol its good fun when the young ones want to workout as well sunddenly the workout space becomes very cramped and i find myself laughing as they try and copy me lol

• MikePXstream
    MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    For sure. I usually end up with a dog under my feet too. lol
  • bchgrl8
    bchgrl8 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi all..I'm a married mom of 2 adult children, 25 (out of the house)and 19 still at home, this is my 3rd go around with MFP,every time has been successful..but still pulling around that 35 pound wagon. Also former diabetic (7yrs ago) so I've learned about nutrition but with a very busy and hectic work schedule, just don't eat when and what I should..sound familiar?! Friend me and lets do this!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    bchgrl8 wrote: »
    Hi all..I'm a married mom of 2 adult children, 25 (out of the house)and 19 still at home, this is my 3rd go around with MFP,every time has been successful..but still pulling around that 35 pound wagon. Also former diabetic (7yrs ago) so I've learned about nutrition but with a very busy and hectic work schedule, just don't eat when and what I should..sound familiar?! Friend me and lets do this!

Hi, thanks for sharing. Did I see right, your in Florida?
  • bchgrl8
    Options
    Yes, I love in Orlando
  • precious_cargo
    precious_cargo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Mom of three teenagers. Finding time for myself can definitely be an issue at times. Having support from people in the same situation is extremely helpful.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    bchgrl8 wrote: »
    Yes, I love in Orlando

I love Florida. We vacationed there as a family about 6 years ago, and my wife and I had our honeymoon there, as well as the Bahamas :)
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Mom of three teenagers. Finding time for myself can definitely be an issue at times. Having support from people in the same situation is extremely helpful.

I only have 2 teenagers at the moment. Well, one is a tween, but close enough. I know what you mean!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    My kids did awesome today. My oldest ran great for the Fire Hydrant 5k. Unfortunately the course was pretty confusing, so she took a wrong turn somewhere and lost 1/2 a mile. Oh well, She still maintained her pace. My second daughter took 2nd place in the 100m and 400m with new PR's, and 4th in the 200m, and my son took 2nd in the long jump and 4th in the 800m. I am so proud of all my kids. All in all, it has been a great Saturday.

How was your Saturday?

n31r9gklav4g.jpg
  • bchgrl8
    Options
    *live,born and raised here. It's grown so much over the years, definitely a vacation destination! So much to do.
  • amyvictoriaj
    amyvictoriaj Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Single mom of two little ones 4 and 3 plus working full time. Good ol'life! :):)
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Happy Monday! Very short weekend for me. I hope my boss doesn't ask me to cover another weekend shift. At least I will get this friday off, so 3 day weekend, here I come.

How was your weekend? What did you do for fun?
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hey all
    I'm a married mom of a 20 yr old young lady who doesn't drive and "almost 17" (in August) who also doesn't drive
    I work 3-4 days a week as a house keeper and in much need of a moms taxi sticker on my poor old van!
    Hubby does his best to help out but due to a brain injury gets over whelmed and stressed very quickly
    And on top of it all struggling to get rid of some pounds. Been with mfp for 80 days and struggled to get rid of 8 lbs
    My goal is to lose 30 lbs by November

Feel free to add me, we're all in this together!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    What do you all find the hardest to manage, exercise or nutrition? Please share. Ready, GO!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Well, I was able to maintain my nutrition fairly decent through the weekend and lost another couple of pounds. So getting back to where I was before our anniversary get away. I don't know what happened. After our anniversary, I gained those 5 lbs back I had lost, plus put on a few more. Sucked. Actually, I know exactly what happened. I lost focus! Back on track now. Hello Summer!
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I think for me, maintaining nutrition is harder. I have a friend I walk with 4 days a week so I'm getting 12 miles a week in walking wise (at a pretty good pace). Nutrition wise, I'm fine most of the time, but there are some days where all heck breaks loose. I try to keep those to a minimum but for sure hormones reign at those times.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    I know what you mean. I got off track and put on about 7-8 lbs in the past 2 months. I'm down about 5, so I am getting back on track, which is good. 3 more and I am at my average, then back to trying to hit my goal of 12-15% BF. :)
    I think for me, maintaining nutrition is harder. I have a friend I walk with 4 days a week so I'm getting 12 miles a week in walking wise (at a pretty good pace). Nutrition wise, I'm fine most of the time, but there are some days where all heck breaks loose. I try to keep those to a minimum but for sure hormones reign at those times.[/quote
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Mother of 4 children, son 24 and daughter 23 both out of the house and a daughter 12 and son 10. I just got out on summer vacation and today is my second day at this again. I have lots and lots to lose feel free to add me :smile:
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. So I wanted to share what has worked for me in the past, and may help you out. First and foremost, you have to truly understand why you want to become healthier and tie emotion into it. Only then, will you truly have the drive to push on. If you haven't seen my Blog on "What is your Why", check it out. You will understand what I mean. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MikePXstream?month=201404

Second, Have a plan. Know what exercises you are giong to do, schedule it in a calendar for yourself as an appointment. You wouldn't miss a doctor appointment, so don't miss an appointment for yourself. After all, the better and healthier you are, the less trips to the doctor you will need. ;)

Third, focus on your nutrition. Your nutrition is so vital to your results. You can not out exercise bad nutrition. Limit the amount of processed foods you take in, sugary drinks and treats, and empty calories from drinks. Stay hydrated. You are supposed to consume 1/2 your body weight in ounces every day. For me, that is about 90oz. i know it is a lot, but the more you take in, the better your body will perform.

Finally - Have a support and accountability group. When I finally had people to share my journey with and encourage each other, it was 10 times easier to keep going.

What :neutral: I weigh over 300 lbs...that's alotttt of water
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Hi. Welcome! We have been on summer break for a couple of weeks now. Right now it is the only time I get to see my kids a lot because I work evenings. So during the school months, I only see them for about an hour a day.
    Navallez wrote: »
    Mother of 4 children, son 24 and daughter 23 both out of the house and a daughter 12 and son 10. I just got out on summer vacation and today is my second day at this again. I have lots and lots to lose feel free to add me :smile:

This discussion has been closed.